FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

SIMPLE QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE ANSWERED Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, December 07, 2009 4:04:37 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:07:26 PM
1. IT IS SAID YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A KEY FOR FSVIPC4 OK THEN HOW DO YOU PAST THE REGISTRATION BOX?? CANCEL OR REGISTER??
2. I HAVE READ THAT IN ORDER TO START FSFS2009 I MUST HAVE FSX OPEN AND AIRPLANE SITTING ON THE GROUND READY TO FLY. WHEN I DO THIS MY DESKTOP IS NOT SHOWING ANYWHERE. HOW DO I START FSFS????
3. WHAT IS CONNECT FEATURE IN FSFS.
4. I ALSO DOWNLOADED FSFS 172 DETAIL PROGRAM. THEN I HAD TO REINSTALL FSX FSFS2009, AND THE DETAIL SOFTWARE. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I KNOW THEY ARE INSTALLED RIGHT. I HAVE TRIED TO FLY AROUND CHICAGO, DOES NOT WORK. I HAVE TRIED TO FLY OTHER PLACES AND IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE WORKING. I AM NOT A NEWBE TO COMPUTERS BUT I TELL YOU THIS THING MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A ROOKY.

SOMEONE ELSE MUST FEEL AS I DO.
Post #6280
Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:08:16 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi -

1. IT IS SAID YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A KEY FOR FSVIPC4 OK THEN HOW DO YOU PAST THE REGISTRATION BOX?? CANCEL OR REGISTER??

Press cancel at the registration dialog.

2. I HAVE READ THAT IN ORDER TO START FSFS2009 I MUST HAVE FSX OPEN AND AIRPLANE SITTING ON THE GROUND READY TO FLY. WHEN I DO THIS MY DESKTOP IS NOT SHOWING ANYWHERE. HOW DO I START FSFS????

You need to switch from Flight Simulator to "another application" in Windows. You can change which Windows application you are looking at in a number of ways, but we suggest pressing   ALT TAB to change out from Flight Simulator and then picking FSFlyingSchool from your Windows Start Menu. You can also use    ALT SPACE and pick  Minimize   from the menu.

Once you have launched FSFlyingSchool and selected your options and pressed connect, return to the Flight Simulator program and go flying. It may be paused so be sure to "un-pause" it.

3. WHAT IS CONNECT FEATURE IN FSFS.

There is a large button shown at the rightmost side of the screen in FSFS. When you press it you start communications with Flight Simulator.

4. I ALSO DOWNLOADED FSFS 172 DETAIL PROGRAM. THEN I HAD TO REINSTALL FSX FSFS2009, AND THE DETAIL SOFTWARE. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I KNOW THEY ARE INSTALLED RIGHT. I HAVE TRIED TO FLY AROUND CHICAGO, DOES NOT WORK. I HAVE TRIED TO FLY OTHER PLACES AND IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE WORKING. I AM NOT A NEWBE TO COMPUTERS BUT I TELL YOU THIS THING MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A ROOKY.

You have Flight Simulator installed - so that part is done.

You also need FSFlyingSchool installed. You will know if this worked if you can run FSFlyingSchool from the Windows Start Menu.

You also need to have FSUIPC installed. This is done for you automatically when you install FSFlyingSchool if you have FS2004.

If you are instead flying with FSX, you need to install FSUIPC yourself.

You know if this worked if you have an item on the menu bar at the top of the screen in FSX (when you are in a plane) called Add-Ons. If that item is there and it contains an entry for FSUIPC then FSUIPC is installed correctly. If it is not please reinstall FSUIPC.

Please let us know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6292
Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:24:57 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Edited for content..... SL posted while I was typing!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6295
Posted Tuesday, December 08, 2009 4:07:45 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

I MIGHT TELL YOU THAT I AM RUNNING WIN 7 WITH FSX FSFS2009 AND FSFS 172 DETAIL I HOPE TO GET THEM ALL WORKING TOGETHER.

YOUR ALT+TAB WORKS GOING TO DESKTOP NOT SO GOOD GOING BACK.

I THINK I HAVE FSX AND FSFS2009 INSTALLED. IT STILL ASK ME TO REGISTER IT EVEN THOUGH THE KEY COME UP IN THE WINDOW IN THE RIGHT PLACE. I WOULD THINK THAT I AM NOT GOING TO GET THE FULL VERSION UNTILL I CAN SOLVE THAT.

WHEN I INSTALL FSUIPC THERE IS NO ADD ON IN THE MENU ALL I HAVE IS:
FLIGHTS/AIRCRAFT/WORLD/OPTIONS/VIEWS/HELP
I JUST INSTALLED IT TWICE JUST TO SEE IF I COULD FIX IT.

SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I DO NOT THINK THAT THE DETAIL SOFTWARE IS GOING TO WORK YET.
DO YOU HAVE ANY ANSWERS????

IS THERE A REASON THAT I CANNOT HAVE FSFS2009 RUNNING WHEN I START FSX AND JUST HIT THE CONNECT KEY WHEN I WANT IT???
Post #6305
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009 12:44:59 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

JCDancers. I am at work, but Ill try to adress your problems later.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6307
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:24:29 AM

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
JCDANCERS (12/8/2009)

I MIGHT TELL YOU THAT I AM RUNNING WIN 7 WITH FSX FSFS2009 AND FSFS 172 DETAIL I HOPE TO GET THEM ALL WORKING TOGETHER.

I THINK I HAVE FSX AND FSFS2009 INSTALLED. IT STILL ASK ME TO REGISTER IT EVEN THOUGH THE KEY COME UP IN THE WINDOW IN THE RIGHT PLACE. I WOULD THINK THAT I AM NOT GOING TO GET THE FULL VERSION UNTILL I CAN SOLVE THAT.

SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I DO NOT THINK THAT THE DETAIL SOFTWARE IS GOING TO WORK YET.

IS THERE A REASON THAT I CANNOT HAVE FSFS2009 RUNNING WHEN I START FSX AND JUST HIT THE CONNECT KEY WHEN I WANT IT???

Hi,

Please do not be put off by the rude & arrogant reply from "KEBAS" because he obviously has a problem & can't help himself. I am sure Ole or S/L will be able to help you later today.

Biggles

Post #6308
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009 2:31:11 AM

JCDANCERS (12/8/2009)

JCDancers

Using uppercase writing on the Internet is considered shouting, so to avoid comments on the subject, you might consider using lowercase writing.

I have a suggestion for the switching back and forth between programs. I fly FSX in a maxed out windowed mode. (in FSX there is an option to not use fullscreen, cannot remember right now where it is)
I have put icon for both FSX and FSFS on my taskbar, and this way its easy to switch back and forth, by simply clicking on the icons on the taskbar. Some say that using windowed mode will increase framerates a little, some say the opposite, but I have notised no difference what so ever.

Im not completly sure if you are using the unregistred version or trying to register it, but if you use the demo version, remember that it only works in the demo area described in the manual, that came with the download of the demo.

And remember that the demo version is the whole program with the two limitations mentioned in the manual.

You need no additional download for the Cessna 172 detailpack. Version 2.3 of FSFS 2009, or FSFS 2010 includes the detail pack program, but this only works in the demo area, until you purchase and insert a key for the detail pack. You always type keys in the fields in the "credits" tab in FSFS. and the detailpack only works outside the demoares if you have a registred version of FSFS2009/2010, of course.

In the "settings" tab there is a button for making the runway data for FSX. Make sure the the path to your FSX program is correct, and press the button. This will start a process that takes about 5-10 minutes and brings up a couple of DOS screens while ongoing, so you can follow the process. It ends by writing that the process is done succesfully. After this you should be set for go. If not, something is wrong.
Please remember that you have to work with administrator rights to perform any installment of FSFS.

There will bea new menu item when you have installed FSUIPC, called "add ons" in the menubar of FSX you will see FSUIPC as an item here. If not, there is a problem with the installation of FSUIPC, but if you can connect to FSX with FSFS, then its done properly.

And finally, dont start up, or especially connect FSFS, untilyou have a flight ready and are in the cockpit, this is due the way FSUIPC is connecting the two programs, and otherwise you can experience things not working right, like not being able to go to next flight "mode" in FSFS.

You are using Windows Se7en, and I have no experience with that, but other users have reported that FSFS is working fine under Windows 7.

Please report back. We are here!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6309
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009 12:25:06 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Sorry, you must have heard me yelling. Your product must sell well.

First: I purchased the detail package thinking that it was an add on to FSX.

Second: I was told that i needed the FSFS2009 to go with it. So I purchased that also.

I have the keys for both. From the jist of your email it sounds like I do not need the details package that I purchased, that it came with FSFS2009 is this correct?

I already had FSX installed and running.

When I installed FSFS2009 it did not work. It does generate the runway data from FSX. I do not get the ADD ON menu item you spoke of. At the bottom it says that it is monitoring FSX. It also says that I have FSUIPC verion 4.530. The status is OK. But I do not get the guy riding with me that it says I get. No one says a word. Unless I push the listen to instructor button. I have put the keys in, and they are in gray where it should be. Is there some thing that I must do to get it running??
Under settings I do have an item that says LOAD FLIGHT SIMULATOR LOCATIONS FROM THE REGISTRY. Is this something that I am suppose to do??
By the way I have all the rights to my computer.
Post #6313
Posted Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:07:00 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Just for your information. I tried to fly FSX and FSFS2009 at O'HARE in Chicago and I got the plane on the ground ready to fly. Opened FSFS2009 and FSX went to pause and would not come out of it until I shut FSFS2009 down. Then it came out of pause. I tried 3 times always the same.
Post #6321
Posted Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:30:33 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
JCD:

Sorry to hear that your path to getting an instructor into the cockpit with you has thus far been along a very bumpy taxiway... 

Let's see what we can do.

The good news is that, as you are a Cessna fan, you have not bought something you did not need. The Cessna Pack is built into FSFS2009 but only in a demo form where folks can try it out for free but are restricted to flying around Chicago. By entering your FSFS2009 and Cessna registration keys into FSFS2009 you are now set to fly anywhere in the world, with the extra Cessna Detail.

More good news - FSUIPC is running fine - we know this because of the status information you reported.

I can only imagine I need to explain a little more about that Add-Ons menu in FSX. You will only see it when you are sitting in a plane (not before then) - you should see it on the menu bar at the top of the FSX screen. In my experience if FSUIPC is running then Add-Ons must appear on that menu bar. But in effect, this is not important as FSUIPC is clearly running because:

At the bottom it says that it is monitoring FSX. It also says that I have FSUIPC verion 4.530. The status is OK.

The situation you have described would fit perfectly with what would happen if the pilot has not yet pressed the connect button in FSFS - this is what starts the fun and gets MrSmith or one of his team to hop into the cockpit with you. Please try that and report back.

Under settings I do have an item that says LOAD FLIGHT SIMULATOR LOCATIONS FROM THE REGISTRY. Is this something that I am suppose to do??

No - it is running just fine - leave this alone.

Finally the sequence of loading...

Shut down everything.

Load FSX and get into the cockpit.

Use ALT TAB to leave FSX and return to Windows. Depending on how you have FSX set up, this will most likely cause FSX to go into PAUSE mode.

Load FSFS and press connect.

Leave FSFS running...

Return to FSX and press P to un-pause the program - at which point you should hear "FSFlyingSchool connecting..."

Go flying!

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6324
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:55am