FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Why is my landing score always 0!!! Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:16:05 PM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:41:07 PM
My landing score is always 0, I just completed a good landing,

Landing Score:0.00

Landing was successful in the following areas:
* Good glideslope on visual approach.
* Good alignment with runway on visual approach.
* Gentle touchdown.
* Good landing speed - not too fast.
* Wings were level.
* Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 506 feet
* Glideslope held until flare.
* Good pitch control after touchdown.
* Good pitch at landing.
* With flaps - good job.
* Heading aligned with runway.
* Throttle(s) idle.
* Good controlled final descent to touchdown.
* Good steering after landing.

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:101.12

Flight commended in the following areas:
* Smooth turns.
* Nice banking.
* Correct matching of flaps to speeds.
* Comfortable G forces.
* Smooth pitch control.
* Flown within aircraft's maximum speed limit.
* Gentle taxi turns.
* Good take off steering.
* Rotation was not late.
* Appropriate position of flaps during taxi.
* Safe taxi speed.
* Smooth braking during taxi.
* Smooth climb during takeoff.
* Wings level near ground.
* Well coordinated turns.
* No stalls.
* No flying dangerously close to stall speed.
* Smooth comfortable descent rate.
* Pitch not too high.
* Pitch not too low.
* Flaps down on time.
* Approach speed not too fast.
* Low altitude speeds not too fast.
* Good clearance of obstacles.

A smooth flight!

It even says a splended landing but yet I cant score. My runway was 28 and I put 28 into the flight plan on FSflying school Before I took off.

Please tell me what am i doing wrong??

Ronan

Post #5758
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009 2:00:42 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
ronan2505 (11/12/2009)
My landing score is always 0, I just completed a good landing,

Landing Score:0.00

Landing was successful in the following areas:
* Good glideslope on visual approach.
* Good alignment with runway on visual approach.
* Gentle touchdown.
* Good landing speed - not too fast.
* Wings were level.
* Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 506 feet
* Glideslope held until flare.
* Good pitch control after touchdown.
* Good pitch at landing.
* With flaps - good job.
* Heading aligned with runway.
* Throttle(s) idle.
* Good controlled final descent to touchdown.
* Good steering after landing.

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:101.12

Flight commended in the following areas:
* Smooth turns.
* Nice banking.
* Correct matching of flaps to speeds.
* Comfortable G forces.
* Smooth pitch control.
* Flown within aircraft's maximum speed limit.
* Gentle taxi turns.
* Good take off steering.
* Rotation was not late.
* Appropriate position of flaps during taxi.
* Safe taxi speed.
* Smooth braking during taxi.
* Smooth climb during takeoff.
* Wings level near ground.
* Well coordinated turns.
* No stalls.
* No flying dangerously close to stall speed.
* Smooth comfortable descent rate.
* Pitch not too high.
* Pitch not too low.
* Flaps down on time.
* Approach speed not too fast.
* Low altitude speeds not too fast.
* Good clearance of obstacles.

A smooth flight!

It even says a splended landing but yet I cant score. My runway was 28 and I put 28 into the flight plan on FSflying school Before I took off.

Please tell me what am i doing wrong??

Ronan

Hi Ronan

The think your problem is you landed 506ft from the touchdown target.

I guess you are using thwe default landing spot which is the very start of the r/w (right on the edge) If you create your own nonils runway file this will allow you to choose a target landing spot best suited to you eg r/w numbers / start of tyre marks / rabbit sitting at side of r/w etc.

I suggest you do a test flight and aim for the start of the r/w & you will see your landing scores improve. Most of us create our own nonilsrw files so we can land more realistically at the correct spot on the r/w

Any problems post a query

Biggles

PS: Apart from the 0.00 landing score you've got some good comments, very good comments!

Post #5764
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009 8:12:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Thanks Bruce,

How do i create my own nonils runway file?

Ronan

Post #5779
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009 10:30:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

ronan2505 (11/13/2009)
Thanks Bruce,

How do i create my own nonils runway file?

Ronan

It is all explained on page 28 of the fsfs Manual (click "Read Manual") on the opening page of fsfs.

Any problem please come back

If page 28 itself is a problem eg. do you know how to enter "slew mode" so you can easily postion the a/c without actually flying etc. again come back

Biggles

Post #5781
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009 3:01:19 AM

Hi Ronan

Forgive me if you are familiar with whats described but here is my pottered NonILS making guide. Once again if you are stuck come back.

Biggles

To set up for a visual approach & landing (non ILS)

·        Create a flight plan in MSFS

·        Position a/c at destination airfield on the exact spot your wish to touchdown (eg. R/W numbers, tyre marks etc).

To do this hit key “S” for an outside view of the a/c. Hit “Y” to enter slew mode. In slew mode you can move the a/c about using your joystick] Also line up the a/c with the actual r/w heading (eg. RW12 might be 123 degrees)

·        The Lat & Long information you need is available by hitting shift+Z

·        You now have the information you need to create your NonILS runway file & this needs to be placed in the NonILS folder within FSFlyingSchool.

Details from the FSFlyingSchool Manual are reproduced below to guide you.

C:\Program Files\FSFlyingSchool\NonILS

folder (or perhaps in another folder if you chose a different installation path).

Several such files are included with FSFlyingSchool, but you can add your own, by following the simple file naming format described below.

Each file in this folder contains information, in its file name, which FSFlyingSchool uses when a flight plan calls for a landing at one of these airports. The file itself contains no data; all information is

contained in the file name.

For example, the file:

12,123,N50_40_76,W1_6_84,4,BEMBRIDGE.EGHJ

Contains information on runway 12 at Bembridge, UK

The information is formatted as follows:

Runway number

Runway heading

Latitude of runway numbers (in degrees and minutes – same format as Flight Simulator map display)

Longitude of runway numbers (in degrees and minutes – same format as Flight Simulator map display)

Glideslope of runway (3 is the most common)

Name of airport (just for reference)

ICAO code of airport (KLAX=Los Angeles EGLL=Heathrow)

Each of these items are separated in the file name by a comma, with the exception of the ICAO code which is preceded by a dot (“.”)

The simplest way to create a new file is to copy an existing file and rename it to a file name with the

Post #5791
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009 3:24:02 PM

Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
'scuse me for buttering in...

When I go into slew mode with my yoke and rudder connected, my a/c starts spinning like Toto in a tornado and I can't control a thing.  I have to take the plodding old way of using the flight planner to position me at the runway I'm interested in, then I taxi around till I'm on an agreeable spot.

I also notice that a few of the provided nonILS files contain a "3_5" for the glideslope - for example 31R,310,N33_49_47,W116_30_01,3_5,PALM SPRINGS INTL.KPSP.  I assume that's a 3.5 degree g/s.

--Fenric

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5800
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:44:17 PM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi guys,

I agree with Fenic above. Mine also is like a tornado when in slew!!!

Brillant programme thou and making good progress towards singapore

Ronan

Post #5804
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:54:21 PM

ronan2505 (11/14/2009)
Hi guys,

I agree with Fenic above. Mine also is like a tornado when in slew!!!

Brillant programme thou and making good progress towards singapore

Ronan

Pass on that, except kick your rudder left & right a couple of times & see what happens

I only suggest that because (I use twist rudder joystick) sometimes I find that on loading I for some unknown reason have full right rudder. If that doesn't work then I am sure someone who uses rudder pedals will post an answer.

Won't you Ole

Biggles

Post #5805
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:55:29 PM

Fenric (11/14/2009)
'scuse me for buttering in...

When I go into slew mode with my yoke and rudder connected, my a/c starts spinning like Toto in a tornado and I can't control a thing.  I have to take the plodding old way of using the flight planner to position me at the runway I'm interested in, then I taxi around till I'm on an agreeable spot.

I also notice that a few of the provided nonILS files contain a "3_5" for the glideslope - for example 31R,310,N33_49_47,W116_30_01,3_5,PALM SPRINGS INTL.KPSP.  I assume that's a 3.5 degree g/s.

--Fenric

Pass on that, except kick your rudder left & right a couple of times & see what happens

I only suggest that because (I use twist rudder joystick) sometimes I find that on loading I for some unknown reason have full right rudder. If that doesn't work then I am sure someone who uses rudder pedals will post an answer.

Won't you Ole

Biggles

Post #5806
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:29:11 PM

Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
Bruce E (11/14/2009)

Won't you Ole

Biggles

Rudder brakes.  It's the rudder brakes.

I have to hold both of my CHampion [ahem] pedals at "50% braking" to stand still.  Left pedal spins l/r, right pedal goes fore-and-aft.

Sometimes on loading, I find that I have "Differential braking" on - my left brake is set.  A tip of the toe and off we go....

Toodles,

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5807
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:23am