Advice on popular Cessna CS172 for FSFS

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Advice on popular Cessna CS172 for FSFS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009 9:25:40 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Well now that you guys have come out with the 172 enhancement, I'm thinking of adding one to my hangar (apart from the default 172).  I've really been impressed with the Flight1 series, my main two planes being my Piper Archer III and Beech Baron, but I see they also supply a 172 for FS9 which looks good.  The CS172 Skyhawk.  Have any of you had any experience with this plane?  Otherwise are there any other suggestions for a good payware (or shareware or freeware) download.  I don't mind paying for a good model.

Stan

Post #5434
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009 9:56:45 PM
FSFlyingSchool First Officer

FSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First Officer

Last Login: Friday, April 19, 2013 11:26:45 PM
i will tell you that the 172 from flight 1 is awesom and a very good choice. i love mine and have about 9 different aircraft from flight 1 and love all of them. good luck
Post #5435
Posted Monday, October 19, 2009 5:05:35 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Stan:

A great place to find reviews on that FS product you may be considering purchasing is FSPilotShop.com

As I recall they have reviews for the Flight 1 and the Carenado in either one or both of FS2004 and FSX.

If the product is sold on Amazon - that's a good place to look also as they have customer reviews too.

The Carenado for FSFS2004 was nice, but it's a pity it has no autopilot and no glideslope on VOR1.

I think some of our other forum members have some of these add-ons - perhaps they can contribute...?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5439
Posted Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:41:28 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Stan.

I have the Carenado C172 II N for FSX, and that is brilliant. Apart from two things. No autopilot and no Glideslope indicator. I can live without the Autopilot considering the relatively short range, but not without the GS gauge.

But luckily the expert guys out on the forums here and there, could tell me how to modify the plane, so it now has a fully operational GS/LOC gauge, and so now I really enjoy the plane.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5465
Posted Tuesday, October 20, 2009 10:30:30 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
I downloaded Dale Oubridge's Cessna 172P which is based on the Exeter Flying School's plane, and is an awesome download of 4 5MB files.  It is the best reproduction I've seen of the default panel, which covers all the instruments and provides some excellent, realistic features.  Highly recommended.  The default panel, and payware variations of it, are all based on the simple, fixed panel and don't give that truly realistic feeling.

Stan

Post #5466
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009 9:19:58 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, February 19, 2010 10:31:24 PM
oleandreasen (10/20/2009)
Stan.

I have the Carenado C172 II N for FSX, and that is brilliant. Apart from two things. No autopilot and no Glideslope indicator. I can live without the Autopilot considering the relatively short range, but not without the GS gauge.

But luckily the expert guys out on the forums here and there, could tell me how to modify the plane, so it now has a fully operational GS/LOC gauge, and so now I really enjoy the plane.

I have just bought the Carenado 172 - and wondered how hard it is to add the GS/LOC gauge.

Tips?  a how to?  many thanks if this can be supplied/linked to.

Post #5723
Posted Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:51:40 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Ole - can you help?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #5726
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:42pm