Is the FSX Visual Flight Path Real

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Is the FSX Visual Flight Path Real Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, October 16, 2009 4:19:07 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, November 09, 2009 10:46:37 AM
Not being a real pilot I have never been in the cockpit of a plane making an ILS approach.  I've searched for info on FSX'x "Visual Flight Path" before but couldn't find any.  Is the Visual Flight Path based on something realistic?  Like some sort of heads up display in a real aircraft?

After just starting out with FSFS I found out just how sloppy my flying really is, and can do better on landings when using the Visual Flight Path.  But I want to be realistic and would rather not use it if it is not something found in a real airplane. 

Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me!

Post #5365
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 12:34:43 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Wayne (10/16/2009)
Not being a real pilot I have never been in the cockpit of a plane making an ILS approach. I've searched for info onFSX'x "Visual Flight Path"before but couldn't find any. Is the Visual Flight Pathbased on something realistic? Like some sort of heads up display in a real aircraft?

After just starting out with FSFS I found out just how sloppy my flying really is, and can do better on landings when using the Visual Flight Path. But I want to be realistic and would rather not use it if it is not something found in a real airplane.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me!

Hi Wayne.

Being a simpilot lacks severly, compared to "the real thing" (or so Ive heard - I dont fly in real life) but sometimes it has its advantages. The visual flight path is one. Its a tool for practising your landings, but its nothing that exists in real life, so if you want to keep it real, then you shouldnt use it in my opinion. Practise to use your ILS needles, this is SO much more rewarding when you make a good landing, and then, when you are good at it, practise to land visually with Smittys keen eye out to tell you every wrong move you make.

This will make you a better pilot, the visual flight path will only hold you captive, and only works in ILS surroundings anyway.

And yes. FSFlyingschool, can be a shock, when Smith tells you how bad you fly, and land. I went though that too....

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5370
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:15pm