FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Latest Cessna Pack download Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, October 16, 2009 3:46:32 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Hi
I downloaded the latest version, but am not sure of two things:

1. Is it exactly the same program as the previous FS2009 version or are there any enhancements?

2. How do I access the new 172?  There is a box to enter the Detail Packs key, but what is the key?  The website says that its a free upgrade to the new version if you have the old version, but its not clear on these points.

Stan

Post #5364
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:15:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (10/16/2009)
Hi
I downloaded the latest version, but am not sure of two things:

1. Is it exactly the same program as the previous FS2009 version or are there any enhancements?

2. How do I access the new 172? There is a box to enter the Detail Packs key, but what is the key? The website says that its a free upgrade to the new version if you have the old version, but its not clear on these points.

Stan

Stan.

1) Yes its exactly the same program, but with the enhancement of the new C172 detail pack.

2) Its NOT a new plane. Its a detailed attention to any C172 you might have. It works without a keyfile, within the demoarea, described in the manual, and IF you decide that you want to have the detail pack work throughout the world, for any Cessna 172 you might have, then you must purchase a licence key from the FSFS website. Its NOT a free upgrade, the demoversion is a free upgrade, so you can try out the features, the very cool features, if you ask me, and then you decide if you want to spend $10 on it.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5371
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:58:59 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Ole - thanks for helping Stan with a very clear description of the new product.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #5375
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 6:52:46 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Thanks guys - yes I think I'll go for it - but just the other question which you didn't answer: What happens if I fly another plane, like my Dreamfleet Archer?  Will the instructor still react to the Cessna paramaters and give me false information or will he recognize that I'm flying something else and zip his mouth?

Stan

Post #5409
Posted Saturday, October 17, 2009 6:55:01 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Woops, I didn't ask that third question in my previous posting - sorry, it was a vapor-ware question on my mind which I didn't put in writing.

Stan

Post #5410
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009 12:16:14 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (10/17/2009)
Woops, I didn't ask that third question in my previous posting - sorry, it was a vapor-ware question on my mind which I didn't put in writing.

Stan

Stan. You DID ask the question in another post, and SL actually answered it. See HERE  #2

or in short. The program is very capable of "seeing" if you fly a cessna 172, or not. The Detailpack will, of course, only work when you fly a Cessna 172. If you fly anything else, the detail pack will be absent.

Please try it out for yourself and you will experience all this for yourself.... Its quite cool.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5414
Posted Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:36:07 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Yes I remember posting this, but then couldn't find it on the forum.  I thought it didn't go through.  But thanks.  This sorts out everything for me.

A good weekend to all you fellow simmers.

Stan

Post #5419
Posted Monday, October 19, 2009 5:18:21 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

I'm happy to say that lots of folks have shown great interest in the c172 Detail Pack - we hope they have as much fun flying with it as we did developing it!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #5441
Posted Monday, October 19, 2009 1:48:34 PM
FSFlyingSchool First Officer

FSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First Officer

Last Login: Friday, April 19, 2013 11:26:45 PM
just curious as when i should see my new 172 detail package purchased it this morning before wife got out of the house with the debit card. hoping i will be seeing it soon as i just retired after 25 years with state government so i have plenty of time available now to try it out
Post #5447
Posted Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:56:32 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi there -

All registration keys issued are sent within 24 hours of the purchase.

If you have not received yours within 24 hours it is because there is a problem with the email address used.

Most commonly, this is due to SPAM blocking that the customer is unaware of, or due to using an obsolete email address when making the purchase.

In all cases - the thing to do is to contact us via email, giving us an email address which is known to work.

Post #5450
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:06am