FS Flying School Error with FS9 {Error has been resolved}

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FS Flying School Error with FS9 {Error has... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:32:05 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 27, 2013 6:57:04 AM
I installed FS Flying School after purchasing the program and started FS9, but when I start FS Flying School program I receive the error: Error 2147024770 Automation error. The specified module could not be found. Location: FileExists
I then loaded the program on my other computer and it worked but I could not get it to connect with the FS9 on my main computer. I am networked and using WideServer and WideClient which shows that it is connected to FS9.
Please help.
Post #522
Posted Friday, January 05, 2007 1:20:52 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
I installed FS Flying School after purchasing the program and started FS9, but when I start FS Flying School program I receive the error: Error 2147024770 Automation error. The specified module could not be found. Location: FileExists

It sounds like the "Windows Script Runtime" is missing. You can install it for Windows 2000 or XP from here. Let me know if this fixes the problem on this PC.

I then loaded the program on my other computer and it worked but I could not get it to connect with the FS9 on my main computer. I am networked and using WideServer and WideClient which shows that it is connected to FS9.
Please help.

If you're using WideClient then you must have FSUIPC 3.x installed - correct?

What did the status text (at the bottom of the window) in FSFlyingSchool say? "No Flight Simulator found" or "Monitoring FS2004"?

Post #523
Posted Friday, January 05, 2007 12:36:06 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

I am not at home on my computer right now, but I believe it said something like "You may be using WideClient but your Flight Simulator is not configured correct." That is pretty close to what it said and I know it said something about me already using WideClient.
I will find out for sure when I get home. Thank you for putting the link up for me to download Runtime. I will let you know if that works when I get home from work.
I am excited about getting this program up and running. It sounds like what I need.
Post #530
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007 12:16:38 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Well that worked and solved the problem with using the program on my main computer. Thank you very much.

I still cannot get it to work with WideClient on my second computer. WideClient is connecting with FS9 perfectly but I get the following error message when I try to start FSFlyingSchool:
"An error occurred while configuring communications with Flight Simulator. Please contact the FSFlyingSchool developers!"

I have FS9 started and using the default Cessna with the default Seattle airport. I have the latest FSUIPC installed for FS9 and like I say, WideClient is showing "Connected".

Of course, I don't have to have it running from my second computer. I just thought it would be better to run it from there if possible.
Thank you
Post #532
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007 12:53:42 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Now I am actually having another problem with FSFlyingSchool. When I am in FS9 and I go to the instructor program and click "Connect" I get the voice saying "FSFlyingSchool connecting" then about three seconds later I hear the voice saying "FSFlyingSchool disconnecting".
Every time I connect it will acknowledge it then it will disconnect right away. Also the "Connect" button doesn't always match action.
This problem may already be addressed somewhere on these forums. If it is maybe you can link it for me. Meantime I'll continue to look for it.
Thank you again for your help,
Bob
Post #533
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007 3:14:50 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Bob!

Can you tell us - when FSFS disconnects automatically it displays the reason for the disconnection as text in the log book section of  the log book page - this is a section of the screen - not the main log book HTML file.

Could you tell us what it says when it disconnects?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #534
Posted Saturday, January 06, 2007 1:45:12 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Ok, it says the problem is that I changed the time. I didn't know that would effect it. I probably didn't get that far in the manual.
I usually don't get on my flight sim until it is dark and I don't like to fly when it is dark so I change the time to Summer/daytime. I guess FSFS doesn't like that.
Thank you,
Bob
Post #538
Posted Sunday, January 07, 2007 3:08:45 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Bob:

Thanks for the information - you're quite right - FSFlyingSchool will disconnect if the time is changed as this means the program can't make evaluations on the length of the flight etc, but you certainly can set the time in Flight Simulator to whatever you want and then start FSFlyingSchool - you will be able to fly at whatever time of day you choose.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #539
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:19pm