Having Problems with FSX Demo (problem solved)

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Having Problems with FSX Demo (problem... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:41:55 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, January 05, 2007 6:59:54 AM
I've started FSX and am on the Free Flight screen within FSX and then opened the Flying School Demo.  The Demo version of Flying School says " Status: No Flight Simulator found"  [FS Flying School v1.20].

So I thought I should create a flight between the parameters of the Demo version.  I created a VFR flight from Chicago O'Hare to Madison, WI . in a Cessna Skyhawk.  I then opened the Flying School Demo,.. received the same response - "No Flight Simulator found".  Don't understand why Flying School Demo can't find my Flight Simulator, both programs reside on the same computer.

Can one of the admins respond and tell me what step am I missing.

Kick the Tires, Light the Tires

Post #481
Posted Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:09:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
FSFlyingSchool uses a program called FSUIPC to communicate with Flight Simulator. A lot of Flight Simulation enthusiasts will already have this program installed

You do not need to register FSUIPC in order to use it with FSFlyingSchool.

For FS2002 and FS2004 users, FSUIPC will be automatically installed by FSFlyingSchool (unless it's already in place).

Unfortunately, this is not possible when using FSFlyingSchool with FSX (due to a change in FSUIPC's installation). Therefore, you will need to install FSUIPC yourself. However, no need to despair as this is a simple process:

* Download FSUIPC v4 from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.
The current version is here

* Run the downloaded (FSUIPC setup) program and follow on screen instructions

* Launch FSX and allow FSUIPC to run when prompted

* Launch FSFlyingSchool

You should now see a message in FSFlyingSchool that tells you it's "Monitoring FSX".

Note: This is a one time setup process, in future you will simply be able to run FSX and then FSFlyingSchool.

Post #482
Posted Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:49:03 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, January 05, 2007 6:59:54 AM
I'm flying the demo, but am encountering problems getting the instructor to advance.  For now my standard setup is to start at the runway heading, ready to take-off.  I obtain take-off clearance from ATC but my instructor believes that I'm taxing to the runway, I try to advance the flight mode by hitting Ctrl-Shift-Z but the advance command doesn't seem to work, the instructor keeps telling me to put my flaps up.    Is there something I can do in this demo to advance the flight mode.  I've tried Crl-Shift-Z and Ctrl-Shift-1 and none seem to work.  The instructor then says in amazement, "Are you trying to take-off".  I just can't seem to get an advance or back-up in the flight mode in this demo. 

Kick the Tires, Light the Tires
Post #491
Posted Friday, December 29, 2006 4:26:46 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
TonyP:

The good news is that FSFlyingSchool is working on your PC - almost - we just need to figure out why the flight mode will not advance.

The more information we have the better - could you tell us what occurs when you press FSFlyingSchool's other keys - do you get a response? Here they are...

Advance Flight Mode [Ctrl-Shift-Z] [Ctrl-Shift-1]
This should advance your flight mode - it appears it is not advancing on your PC.

Back Up Flight Mode [Ctrl-Shift-X] [Ctrl-Shift-2]
Does this back-up your flight mode? Does a message display at the top of the FSX screen?

Display Data [Ctrl-Shift-D] [Ctrl-Shift-3]
Does a message display at the top of the FSX screen?

Circuits Start / Stop [Ctrl-Shift-Space] [Ctrl-Shift-4]
(Do this while on the ground) Does a message display at the top of the FSX screen showing that you have stopped or started a circuit?
Do you hear the instructor saying that the circuit has started?

Airmanship Test [Ctrl-Shift-C] [Ctrl-Shift-5]
(Do this while flying) Do you hear the instructor giving you a simple airmanship test?

Try connecting to FSFlyingSchool with the aircraft already in the air, at around 3000 feet AGL (above ground level). You should be automatically placed into cruise mode.
How does FSFlyingSchool react to changes in the flight mode while flying?

Are you running any other add-ons at the same time as FSX and FSFlyingSchool?

Have you remapped keys in FSX?

Are you using any other equipment such as joystick, yoke, GoFlight, EPIC or other units which may be passing keystrokes to the PC?

Could we ask you to send us some details about your PC? 
We will need: 
Exact FSFlyingSchool version
Exact Windows version
Exact Flight Simulator version
Exact FSUIPC version 
PC RAM (Main memory)
PC Processor
PC Video Card

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #495
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:22am