none ils files

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

none ils files Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, May 02, 2009 12:18:36 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
Hi guys,

its seems like a need to set a target point for each runway. Kebas kindly informed me that i need to do this thats why i am getting 0 score for my landings. I have been reading the manuel fsfs 2009 . It says go into c/pfiles / fsfs/none ils. From this point on i dont know what i have to do. Sorry to be such a pain.

Help

joseph

Post #3869
Posted Saturday, May 02, 2009 7:27:48 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, March 22, 2015 6:40:24 AM
JOSEPH767UK (5/2/2009)
Hi guys,

its seems like a need to set a target point for each runway. Kebas kindly informed me that i need to do this thats why i am getting 0 score for my landings. I have been reading the manual fsfs 2009 . It says go into c/pfiles / fsfs/none ils. From this point on i don't know what i have to do. Sorry to be such a pain.

Help

joseph

Hi Joseph,

Here is how it is done; however, this is to each his development and personal use. What works for one may not work for the other. C:\Programs\FSFlyingSchool\NonILS

Open the folder: 1. select one of the files and copy and paste it into your MyDocuments folder:

2. Place your aircraft at the airport on the runway you want. engies off.

3. put the Flight Sim in slew mode.

4. select [Shift+Z] to display the Lat & Lon red line information bar across the top of you FS screen.

5. Save the file by pressing the Semicolon key (. Name the file the airport you are at.

6. In you My Documents folder under the FlightSimulator or FSX Folder you will find your save airport file under the name of the file you created. it is the Notepad file type.

7. next take the information from the file such as Latitude & Longitude Example: 5,51,N22° 12.42', W159° 26.99',3,PRINCEVILLE.NI01 As you can see in reference to page 28 in the FSFlyingSchool Manual. You will see a description of what eash number means.

e.g., the 1st number is the runway number, the next one is the heading of the runway number, then the Latitude of the runway then the Longitude of the runway. the next one is the GS (Glide Slope), after that one is the Name of the airport, Then you will see the ICAO of the airport as shown in the example above or within page 28 of the FSFS Manual.

Once you have found all of this, remember the file you copied into the MyDocuments folder form the NonILS folder. Under This file you will see the same Information I just displayed above in number 7 Excluding the RWY #. Right Click on that saved NonILS file and select rename file. Enter the data fron your save flight file about your airports information Such information as the Latitude and Longitude. Remember to keep the commas in there as above in numer 7. My file above is different from what you will create. My file may not work for you but it is just an example of as to how to do it. It shows you what it looks like. Please Read page 28 again and make sure you see the same information on your new file creation as the above example or in the example in the Manual. Once you arefinishedd creating the new file, place it back into the FSFlyingSchool NonILS Folder. Should you have any More questions, or need some simple screen shots on how to do it, I'd be more than happy to help you.

Hope this helps you and answers your question?

Regards.

CaptGarrick.

Best Regards, Garrick Pattenden
Founder / CEO
Canadian Aviation Software
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2013 FSX, FS2004
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

Post #3877
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009 7:33:46 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
HELLO,

Thanks for that  Captgarrick. I did manage to set the target points. What a didnt do was copy and save to my docs folder , i just renamed one in nils folder . With this i think i can save each runway without delete.

Regards

joseph

Post #3881
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009 7:36:24 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Joe,

That's what I have...

I've got a starter non-ILS file that I keep in a temp folder.

I copy and rename it to the new one, then transfer it over to the FSFS NonILS folder.

Then I just keep copying, renumbering, renaming...etc.

Joe

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3882
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009 8:40:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi JoeMini,

That is a good Idea! You have just given me that idea to use instead of copy paste etc., from one folder to another. Thank's for the tip! : I think I just stole your idea!

Great scores to you too by the way. Don't worry about the [zero] you received, you'll nail it through the rest of the flights in the tour!

Have a great tour!

Regards,

CaptGarrick.

Founder / CEO

Post #3884
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:16:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
That's what we're here for.

I write all the stuff down about the LAT's and LONG's....

Then it's a matter of copying an existing runway....renaming it...make the changes for the airport...and your done.

Well other than making sure you copy it to FSFS folder, and of course, make sure you have that runway active when landing!  Doh!

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3885
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009 11:16:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

JoeMini (5/3/2009)
That's what we're here for.

I write all the stuff down about the LAT's and LONG's....

Then it's a matter of copying an existing runway....renaming it...make the changes for the airport...and your done.

Well other than making sure you copy it to FSFS folder, and of course, make sure you have that runway active when landing!  Doh!

Hi Joe,

You are absolutely correct! It is easy to do after you do your first one, then after that it's easy as pie, right?

To quote you :[Well other than making sure you copy it to FSFS folder, and of course, make sure you have that runway active when landing!  Doh! ] Yup, I agree on this!

You the man!

Hope you are enjoying the flights on the tour?

Have a blast Joe.

Regards,

CaptGarrick.

Founder / CEO

Post #3886
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:04pm