FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

123»»»

May 2009 Hawaiian Tour Braggin' Post Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:34:37 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Welcome everyone first of all.  Glad we have a few more competitors.  Hopefully this will lead to even more WWT Tours.

When this thing gets going on Friday, May 1st, I figured this will be the official posting.  Please feel free to post your flight stories, crappy landing scores, braggin, etc here.

Our official sponsors for this event is the Hawaiian Tourism department, Wakiki Surf Board Shop, and Dole Pineapple.

Again good luck gentlemen!

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3813
Posted Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:59:45 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JoeMini (4/28/2009)
Welcome everyone first of all. Glad we have a few more competitors. Hopefully this will lead to even more WWT Tours.

When this thing gets going on Friday, May 1st, I figured this will be the official posting. Please feel free to post your flight stories, crappy landing scores, braggin, etc here.

Our official sponsors for this event is the Hawaiian Tourism department, Wakiki Surf Board Shop, and Dole Pineapple.

Again good luck gentlemen!

As for sponsors, lets not forget FSFS. I hear that the winner will be able to proudly drink his coffee in a way that will have him remembering the win..... More on this from SL

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3819
Posted Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:07:11 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, March 22, 2015 6:40:24 AM
This Hawaiian Tour is going to be great fun for every one. Thank's to Joe, Ole, Jeff, and Sponsors for this Competition / Tour. I believe that Ole will be the one drinking that special coffee. Let the best pilot put their best flight forward and have a great flight during this Tour.

Best Regards, Garrick Pattenden
Founder / CEO
Canadian Aviation Software
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2013 FSX, FS2004
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

Post #3823
Posted Saturday, May 02, 2009 7:59:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Friday, April 18, 2014 11:49:19 AM

Leg 01 – PHLI to HI01

Visibility: 50 Miles               Wind: 5 Knots from 029

Departure: Rwy 3              Arrival: Rwy 23

Flighttime: 23 mins.

Hi all,

My first flight started on Saturday 2 May about 15.25 Local Time.
I decided to fly real weather conditions.
Further I have the realism settings in FS set on high.
For real weather I normally use FS-Meteo. The first thing I noticed, was that the servers of FS-Meteo were down.
So I had to use FS weather.
Weather was: scattered clouds, wind 029 at 10, visibility 50mi.
ATC assigned me to Rw 3 for departure.

Ready to start the tour - parking 7 at PHLI                                                 Clear to take off runway 3 PHLI

There we go...                                                                                On out way to HI01

The flying was good, but the landing good be better. I drift away a little trough the wind.
Next time better I hope.

Greetz,
Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64
FSX de Luxe SP2, Flyingschool2010, Flightsim Commander

Post #3867
Posted Saturday, May 02, 2009 12:47:48 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

Leg 02 HI01 to PHBK

Visibility: 83.95 Miles           Wind: 0 Knots

Departure: Rwy: 23             Arrival: Rwy: 16

Flighttime: 24 mins. 28 secs.

So I thought I could be a night in Princeville, but no way!
They told me on the airport I should leave, because they expected a lot of other aircraft these days, so there would be not enough space on the parkings
No sightseeing in Princeville though!

To prevent discussions I decided to leave then.
At 17.35 I started the engine again to leave Princeville and heading to Barking Sands.

Leaving HI01...                                                                               ...and climbing to 6000

Some nice views...                                                                     ...of flying trough the clouds

Some heavy clouds above the see....

The weather was good, a few scattered clouds wind from 58 at 8. I should be there before dark.
The flying did go very well, but the landing not. I'm not content about it.

Approaching Rwy 16 PHBK...                                                       ...and here we are, just before dark                                            

For me it looked like a good landing, the only thing I landed about 300 feet before touchdown point
The logbook tells me, "Poor glideslope on visual approach" as only comment, which I don't get. For me the glideslope wasn't to bad at all.
Hopefully it will getting better next time.

So, I'm gonna take a good bottle of wine in Barking Sands and relax a bit. By the way, do you know if the wine is expensive on Hawaii?

I wonder where the other planes are. The only one I've seen is the Beech Baron 58 from Joseph.
Do you know where they are? (Ole may give you some extra points for the right answer )
See you next flight. Screenshots are following...

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64

Post #3870
Posted Saturday, May 02, 2009 5:02:48 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Hi all

Its great to see that you are underway, posting zeros (Joemini please learn from the others) and having fun, and learning in the process. Talk is flying around the forum, of non-ils runways, landings postings, and flying, conditions. I love it!

I myself have very very limited internet connection, and overall computer access this weekend, moving to a new house, so Here I am at 2.00 am posting to you guys, and having done Zero flights so far, but then again, this is what I said would happen this weekend, so dont worry. Ill catch up with you during the week.

Keep up the fun guys. Its great to read about. Pictures too please!!!!!

FS and FSFS is one powerful cocktail!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3874
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009 3:41:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

May 03, Leg 03 - PHBK-PAK

Visibility: 159.79 Miles                   Wind: 6 Knots

Departure: Rwy: 34            Arrival: Rwy: 09

Flighttime: 16 mins. 02 secs

After a fine bottle of wine and a good night rest it is time to go ahead to Port Allen.

At 10.30 I arrive at the airport to start things up. About 11.50 w're ready to go. ATC assigned rwy 34 for departure.

Ready for departure rwy 34                                                           Turn right to intercept course

Almost on course to PAK

The flight wend good, and also the landing was better than before. At approach I nearly hit the tree at the right of the runway. Mr. Smith keeps telling me "Poor glideslope on visual approach - you can do better". So I ask you, what causes this? For myself I will look at the manual again.

But I'm content for now. Port Allen looks a little small to me, so I don't know if I stay here for the night. Perhaps I'm going to Dillingham today. See you and good luck buddies

By the way: I was so concentrated on approach, so I did forget to make screenshots.

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64

Post #3879
Posted Tuesday, May 05, 2009 9:52:19 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
Hi jacob,

I have just seen the pictures you posted. Really good . I would like to do the same but i dont know how to. I got me pics saved in fsx but how do i add them to a post. Maybe you could advice me thanks

Joseph

Post #3919
Posted Tuesday, May 05, 2009 12:34:36 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Joseph,

Use Internet Explorer and click on the image-icon in the top-bar from the edit screen in the forum editor. Then you get a popup screen where you can browse to a local drive/folder to select the image. After that, click on "Add Image" and the image will be uploaded in you forum post.

Hope this helps you out.

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64

Post #3920
Posted Tuesday, May 05, 2009 12:38:16 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

May 03,  Leg 04 PAK to PHDH

Visibility: 150.52 Miles                   Wind: 2 Knots

Departure: Rwy 27              Arrival: Rwy 08

Flight time: 47 mins. 57 secs.

The flight from Port Allen to Dillingham is one of the longest tracks. I decided to leave PAK at about 17:35.  The weather was good, clear and less wind.

Departing from PAK (Port Allen)                                                             PHLI in front of us...

...and behind us.                                                                       PHDH (Dillingham) in sight

The flight was going well, a very smooth flight. Landing was also very good, the only thing was that I must be mistaken by the touchdown point, because I was 458 feet away from it. Therefore the low landing score. I will check the landing touchdown points next time.

Approaching Rwy 8 PHDH

Good luck all of you and have a save flight.

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64

Post #3921
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

123»»»