FSR files

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSR files Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, August 14, 2022 2:39:15 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 19, 2022 9:50:55 PM
Hi I have the upgrade 2022 and have tried to use the Kodiak 100 that I purchased from simMarket but flying school disconnects. It runs with other aircraft , I noticed in the FSFlyingSchool manual the topic Adding Aircraft by Installing New FSR Files. How do I find the file or is there another way to connect to the Kodiak.

Thanks Ian

IR
Post #14683
Posted Sunday, August 14, 2022 5:21:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Ian:

The Simworks Kodiak 100 Tundra and Simworks Kodiak 100 Wheels are both supported by FSFlyingSchool 2022 for Microsoft Flight Simulator, so there is something unusual going on in this case.

What is the path were the plane in question is installed on the PC?

We would expect something like...

D:\FS2020\Community\sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels\SimObjects\Airplanes\SWS_Kodiak_gear

Where is it on your system?

Regarding new FSR files - this is something which does occur once in a while, but the latest version of FSFlyingSchool 2022 for Microsoft Flight Simulator (15.3.0) will have all the latest planes supported within it already.

There is no means to add FSR files outside of those listed as supported by FSFlyingSchool.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14684
Posted Monday, August 15, 2022 2:32:03 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi Jeff

C:\Users\ianre\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels

looks a bit more difficult to find than your example do I have some tidying up to do ?

Regards Ian

IR
Post #14685
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2022 1:30:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Ian:

OK - let's get you up and flying!

I am no expert on where MSFS might decide to locate files, but I can say that FSFlyingSchool is reading the name of the plane in use from MSFS when it is running, rather than from specific folders, so FSFlyingSchool does not need to know the folder name as such.

The issue on your PC is puzzling and I wanted to know where it was in order to try to establish what may be different about your system as other folks are not having a problem with this aircraft.

I can say that

C:\Users\jeffp\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

is where we expect to find flight plans and so it makes sense that other things may be down that road too.

I apologise as I forgot that the install I gave as an example installed MSFS onto drive D: in a custom location - not at all the default.

I can see that your plane is indeed installed in the default location for a PC which has MSFS installed in the default location.

1. Just checking - please confirm that FSFlyingSchool is registered - not the DEMO version.

2. I want to check that you have the problem when you try the most basic version of the plane - with wheels - and not with a variant livery.

3. When you press CONNECT in FSFlyingSchool and make sure that MSFS is NOT PAUSED, what aircraft is shown in the 'Data Source' at the Aircraft Screen of FSFlyingSchool? Please let me know what exactly is shown there.

4. After FSFlyingSchool disconnects - what does it say at the Log Book screen?

Note to all readers - that the planes supported are those listed in the manual - some planes have a lot of variants and not all are supported.

Thanks!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14686
Posted Thursday, August 18, 2022 2:43:13 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi Jeff

Thank you for the advice and help with the suggestion's you gave below and the winner is - try the most basic version of the plane

I recall from BMS issues/faults sometimes we are guilty of overthinking a problem when we could just reload a backup of the original program and get things going again. In this case I was flying the Kodiak with the Tundra tyres and cargo pod.

As soon as I changed to the basic Kodiak the FSFlyingSchool connected and recognised the plane.

Thanks again for the advice

Regards Ian

1. Just checking - please confirm that FSFlyingSchool is registered - not the DEMO version.

2. I want to check that you have the problem when you try the most basic version of the plane - with wheels - and not with a variant livery.

3. When you press CONNECT in FSFlyingSchool and make sure that MSFS is NOT PAUSED, what aircraft is shown in the 'Data Source' at the Aircraft Screen of FSFlyingSchool? Please let me know what exactly is shown there.

4. After FSFlyingSchool disconnects - what does it say at the Log Book screen?

IR
Post #14687
Posted Wednesday, August 24, 2022 12:29:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Ian:

Excellent result - glad to help!

Post #14691
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:11am