Flight Evaluation and Career Analyzer compatibility

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flight Evaluation and Career Analyzer... Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, June 11, 2022 4:54:52 AM
Hello,

Thinking about purchasing "FSFlyingSchool 2022" and have a question: are the Flight Evaluation (Scoring system rates all phases of flight: taxi, take off, cruise, approach, landing & more) and Career Analyzer available only for FSFlyingSchool supported planes, or any 3rd party plane?

Thanks.
Post #14624
Posted Sunday, June 05, 2022 2:46:26 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

Any plane which you can fly with FSFlyingSchool gets full log book scoring, grading, logs, analysis and more.

I don't know which simulator you are using so...

Microsoft Flight Simulator - any of the planes specifically supported in the list shown on our website and in the manual

XP11, FSX, P3D - any powered airplane

Have a great week of flights!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14626
Posted Sunday, June 05, 2022 4:11:47 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi, thanks for the response. I have a follow up question, I loaded up the FSFlyingSchool demo (MSFS 2020) and took a flight with an unsupported plane. For the first flight, the server connected without issue, and I was able to receive flight/landing scores, etc. However, when I restarted the flight for another go (same Green Bay airport/aircraft), the server disconnected due to the unsupported aircraft.

Is it possible to somehow disable to supported aircraft check, similar to how it allowed the first flight? It'd be great to get this kind of scoring/flight feedback even if the full range of features aren't available.

Thanks.
Post #14627
Posted Sunday, June 05, 2022 6:44:25 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

To add, I see this in the FAQ:

"Will it work with my favorite aircraft?
FSFlyingSchool works with any powered airplane. If your airplane is unknown to FSFlyingSchool, FSFlyingSchool will guess its data for you. You can easily fine tune the data for the aircraft when you wish."

This could be the functionality that allowed the first flight to connect... not sure if I had unknowingly changed a setting for it not to work the second time around. Would be very helpful to be able to have this "guess its data" and "fine tune the data" functionality for planes that don't already have official settings.

Thanks.
Post #14628
Posted Monday, June 06, 2022 6:43:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

I am afraid I don't understand how FSFlyingSchool 2022 for Microsoft Flight Simulator worked with an unsupported airplane.

>> Is it possible to somehow disable to supported aircraft check, similar to how it allowed the first flight? It'd be great to get this kind of scoring/flight feedback even if the full range of features aren't available.

I see what you mean - but no, it is not possible - support for airplanes is added as a result of detailed examination and testing, without which largely worthless results are obtained.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14630
Posted Monday, June 06, 2022 6:49:46 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

I apologise the for information in the FAQ - this was very much in need of an update - I have updated the data and removed anything which was out of date.

FSFlyingSchool 2022 for Microsoft Flight Simulator supports just the planes specifically listed on our website and in the manual. At the time of writing there are 58 but we keep adding more.

FSFlyingSchool for XP11, FSX, P3D works any powered airplane - it reads the data from the simulator and approximates values it does not know - and allows the user to edit them.

Have a great week of flights!

Post #14631
Posted Monday, June 06, 2022 7:38:27 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi, understood and thanks for the replies!
Post #14632
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:08am