"No runway file!" and "Could not find airport KGRB" (or any other airport)...

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

"No runway file!" and "Could not find airport... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 29, 2021 9:06:32 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 30, 2021 10:09:53 PM
Hello Jeff,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I'm running the FS2020 version and this is where the "Discuss FS Instant Approach" takes me, so here I am in the XP/FSX/P3D forum.

Having an issue with the program finding any airport. I ran the "Generate runway data for Flight Sim 2020" button. Three quick windows pop up and disappear (too quick to read). I close the program as instructed and restart FSIA.

I ran FSUIPC7 after loading into an AC with engines running (as per instructions).

It still will not find any airports even though it says "Status: Monitoring FS2020" as the bottom of the window. So the program clearly sees where FS2020 is located.

I have nothing in my community folder (fresh reinstall after completely deleting FS2020 from drive), nor have I renamed the community folder. I mention this because you asked the same question to another user. That conversation was never concluded publicly as it went private via email.

Any ideas as to what is happening, or what is going wrong?

If this helps: I also get a "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" box that pops up when I click "Approach Random Airport" with all fields empty. I suspect this will be fixed once I figure out the above issue.

Thanks for your time. I hope our conversation helps others.
Post #14534
Posted Thursday, December 30, 2021 6:11:21 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi GFX:

Sorry to hear this!

This may be related to less than current versions - not due to your own actions, but due to websites not being up to date and more.

This can be solved but I need to talk about licenses so I will continue by email.

For other users - please make sure you are using the latest version of each of our products - this ensures the best results.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14535
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:34pm