Error 6 - Overflow

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Error 6 - Overflow Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, January 23, 2021 3:18:37 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 26, 2021 8:38:54 AM
Jeff,

I reported this error through FSFS, but I thought I'd add to the report here. When I try to connect to MSFS2020, I get the following error.

This has occurred three times with the current flight plan, even after a clean restart of MSFS, FSUIPC7, and FSFS. Assuming the error has to do with the reading of the flight plan, I have attached a copy of the PLN file here.

Gil Yoder
Visit Yoder's Youtube Channel

Post Attachments 
SOUTH AMERICA TOUR NO 8.PLN (3 views, 3.39 KB)
Post #14288
Posted Saturday, January 23, 2021 5:38:52 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

FWIW the flight plan for this flight was originally created with Little Navmap, and the offending node in the plan was a result of selecting approach VOR 19 at SPEO. Selecting the same approach in MSFS did not create that node, but it also destroyed the rest of the plan I created in LNM.

I finally just deleted the node specified for ATCWaypoint id="BTE", and loaded that into FSFS instead of the original, and everything worked as expected.

Gil Yoder

Post #14289
Posted Sunday, January 24, 2021 3:32:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi again gilyoder:

Thanks for your detailed report!

We try to support all flight plans created by the simulator FSFlyingSchool is being used with.

>> the flight plan for this flight was originally created with Little Navmap

Can you tell me - would it be accurate to say that the problem does not occur with plans created by Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14290
Posted Sunday, January 24, 2021 6:51:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

SquadronLeader (1/24/2021)

Can you tell me - would it be accurate to say that the problem does not occur with plans created by Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

As far as I know, that is correct. Plans I have created with MSFS have not had this problem. OTOH, I have not created many plans with the simulator since getting FSFS.

I think I'll do some testing today to see if I can reproduce the problem just using MSFS.

Gil

Gil Yoder

Post #14291
Posted Sunday, January 24, 2021 7:31:37 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

Jeff, I have been looking more at this, and I have concluded that the problem is definitely due to Little Nav Map's erroneous data.

After looking at the WorldPosition nodes in the PLN file, I realize that the line's last value represents altitude in feet. Most of the time, the value is equal to the cruising altitude of the flight; at all other times, it is less, ending up at the airport altitudes.

The PLN file value that I shared for the BTE VOR, +340282346638528859811704183484516925440.00, is obviously wrong by several magnitudes. The best that FSFS could do with such a value would be to ignore it or set it to something more reasonable.

I haven't been able to recreate the PLN file from scratch in Little Nav Map, so I don't know what I did to create that result. I still have the FLT file, though, so I'll share that with the Little Nav Map programmer and see if he can find a reason for it.

Gil Yoder

Post #14292
Posted Sunday, January 24, 2021 8:30:10 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

I created the following error report for LNM:

Erroneous Altitude Data in PLN File #608

Gil Yoder

Post #14293
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:16am