Some points about FSFS and MSFS2020

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Some points about FSFS and MSFS2020 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, November 30, 2020 1:47:50 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 2:21:53 AM
Dear Jeff,

Here's a few thing about FSFS for MSFS 2020 :

- Sometimes, Mr Smith does not see that i'm checking Elevator, Ailerons and Rudder. (Flaps are always OK). If Mr Smith says Rudder check complete, and nothing for Elevator and Rudder, then when flying, Mr Smith says i should check everything next time ... When using MSFS, i fly only with C172 Classic. And i always run MSFS, FSUIPC, load a flight and run FSFS

- When loading a flight plan, runway datas are not ok. But a click on the button shows a message box saying something like "Folder not exist". If I run the batch file, i get no error, but FSFS keeps saying that runway data are not up to date. MSFS (DVD) is fully intalled on D:\MSFS.

- Would it be possible to disable the FSFS "starting speech" when connnecting, and get only something like FSFS connected, ready to fly ?
- also, it would be nice to have text written, like ATC. (could be great to be an option ! when i will be an old boy, and perfectly fluent, i will disable it ! )

BTW, it's still a great product !

Best regards,
Oliver.

Edit : The only comment i get after landing is : "poor heading landing" (That's what i hear and understand !)

I can't have an higher landing score : 25 ... Ok, I'm not an extra pilor. But, may it be an issue with make runway ?

Landing Score:24,75

Landing was successful in the following areas:
* Gentle touchdown. [138 FPM]
* Good landing speed - not too fast. [35 KIAS]
* Wings were level.
* Good pitch control after touchdown.
* Good pitch at landing. [7 degrees]
* With flaps - good job. [30 degrees]
* Throttle(s) idle.
* Good controlled final descent to touchdown.

Landing included the following problems:
* No glideslope information was available on visual approach.
* No runway alignment information was available on visual approach.
* Landed without a proper approach OR off runway surface.
* No glideslope - could not compare flare to glideslope.
* Touch down not aligned with the runway - let's point down the runway.
* Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.
Definite room for improvement...
Post #14210
Posted Monday, November 30, 2020 10:51:51 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi again Oliver:

Thanks for taking the time to submit your detailed report!

Glad to help!

>> Here's a few thing about FSFS for MSFS 2020 :
- Sometimes, Mr Smith does not see that i'm checking Elevator, Ailerons and Rudder. (Flaps are always OK). If Mr Smith says Rudder check complete, and nothing for Elevator and Rudder, then when flying, Mr Smith says i should check everything next time ... When using MSFS, i fly only with C172 Classic. And i always run MSFS, FSUIPC, load a flight and run FSFS

This is very puzzling and it is not something which other users are reporting with FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. As you are using the c172 which comes with FSFlyingSchool I imagine(?) this should be simple to solve.

The most likely issue is an add-on controller (yoke or joystick and rudder pedals). What are you using? Are you using FSUIPC7's features to control it? Are you using some other software to control these airplane control surfaces?

Also remember that Mr Smith will only ask for the rudder check if you have indicated that you have a rudder controller in the pilot settings of FSFlyingSchool.

>> - When loading a flight plan, runway datas are not ok. But a click on the button shows a message box saying something like "Folder not exist". If I run the batch file, i get no error, but FSFS keeps saying that runway data are not up to date. MSFS (DVD) is fully intalled on D:\MSFS.

Please send screenshots of each of the things you are describing to support@FSFlyingSchool.com
Technical detail is essential so I can solve this for you.

>> - Would it be possible to disable the FSFS "starting speech" when connnecting, and get only something like FSFS connected, ready to fly ?

I am afraid I don't understand. The voice says "FSFlyingSchool connecting..." but you would rather it said "FSFlyingSchool connected, ready to fly"? Is that what you are asking?

>> - also, it would be nice to have text written, like ATC. (could be great to be an option ! when i will be an old boy, and perfectly fluent, i will disable it ! Tongue )

We plan to have text captions in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 but this is not possible at present. We will of course let everyone know when we are able to have them!

>> BTW, it's still a great product !

Many thanks for your kind words!

>> Edit : The only comment i get after landing is : "poor heading landing" (That's what i hear and understand !)
I can't have an higher landing score : 25 ... Ok, I'm not an extra pilor. But, may it be an issue with make runway ?
Landing Score:24,75
Landing was successful in the following areas:
* Gentle touchdown. [138 FPM]
* Good landing speed - not too fast. [35 KIAS]
* Wings were level.
* Good pitch control after touchdown.
* Good pitch at landing. [7 degrees]
* With flaps - good job. [30 degrees]
* Throttle(s) idle.
* Good controlled final descent to touchdown.
Landing included the following problems:
* No glideslope information was available on visual approach.
* No runway alignment information was available on visual approach.
* Landed without a proper approach OR off runway surface.
* No glideslope - could not compare flare to glideslope.
* Touch down not aligned with the runway - let's point down the runway.
* Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.
Definite room for improvement...

The problem is that

(a) the instructor did not know which runway you were landing at

OR

(b) you landed nowhere near the runway

I imagine you are describing (a) and so...

...note that you must be

(1) in landing mode
(2) pointing down the runway
(3) when you descend through 500 feet above ground level

If you do all 3 of these things, you will hear "We're landing at runway..." etc.

If you do not, the instructor will tell you he/she does not know what you plan to land - and you will get a very low score.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14211
Posted Tuesday, December 01, 2020 6:32:08 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 2:21:53 AM
Hi Jeff

SquadronLeader (11/30/2020)
:

This is very puzzling and it is not something which other users are reporting with FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. As you are using the c172 which comes with FSFlyingSchool I imagine(?) this should be simple to solve.

The most likely issue is an add-on controller (yoke or joystick and rudder pedals). What are you using? Are you using FSUIPC7's features to control it? Are you using some other software to control these airplane control surfaces?

Also remember that Mr Smith will only ask for the rudder check if you have indicated that you have a rudder controller in the pilot settings of FSFlyingSchool.

- Yes, i'm using thc C172 which comes with FSFlyingSchool
- Yoke and rudder pedals axis are controlled by MSFS. However, I have a registered version of FSUIPC 7. i also have SPAD.next, but not used for axis.
- Well, i think that rudder controller is indicated in pilot's settings, but Mr.Smith might won't see the same thing each time i run a new flight, even if parameters are not changed.

:
>> - When loading a flight plan, runway datas are not ok. But a click on the button shows a message box saying something like "Folder not exist". If I run the batch file, i get no error, but FSFS keeps saying that runway data are not up to date. MSFS (DVD) is fully intalled on D:\MSFS.

Please send screenshots of each of the things you are describing to support@FSFlyingSchool.com
Technical detail is essential so I can solve this for you.

- Okay, i will do this asap !

:
>> - Would it be possible to disable the FSFS "starting speech" when connnecting, and get only something like FSFS connected, ready to fly ?

I am afraid I don't understand. The voice says "FSFlyingSchool connecting..." but you would rather it said "FSFlyingSchool connected, ready to fly"? Is that what you are asking?

- i will try to explain : each time FSFS is connected, Mr. Smith says that "We're in cessna OLS" then he reminds us the way to go forward or backward in our flight stages. then he reminds us that it would be nice to check elevator, ailerons and rudder"

It takes some times, and if i restart MSFS and/or FSFS, it is said, each time. And when Mr Smith is speaking, when i say i've finished taxiing, or when i check elevator, ailerons and rudder, it doesn't work. Or it works, but i don't know. sometimes, while taking off, Mr Smith says i didn't told him that i was ready to take off and i loose points because i'm taxing too fast (with flaps down !) ...

So, for expiremented pilots like me (hey, don't laugh !!!!! ), it would be nice to disable it. Just a radio button labelled like "I'm a great Pilot !"

But you're right : if i were a great pilot, i would'nt need FsFlying School !!! I just want to improve my ... huuuuu ... OK, i really need FsFlying School...

:
The problem is that

(a) the instructor did not know which runway you were landing at

OR

(b) you landed nowhere near the runway

I imagine you are describing (a) and so...

...note that you must be

(1) in landing mode
(2) pointing down the runway
(3) when you descend through 500 feet above ground level

If you do all 3 of these things, you will hear "We're landing at runway..." etc.

If you do not, the instructor will tell you he/she does not know what you plan to land - and you will get a very low score.

- (1) in landing mode -> OK
- (2) pointing down the runway -> Do you mean that i must say that i'm in landing mode when pointing down the runway ? If not, then --> OK. Else, i use to fly some circuits, so when go in landing mode, i'm not pointing down the runway.
- (3) when you descend through 500 feet above ground level -> I think this point is ok too.

Kind regards,
Oliver.
Post #14212
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:30am