Generate runway data for FS2020

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Generate runway data for FS2020 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, November 01, 2020 5:21:12 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 2:13:02 PM
I have updated runway data for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), so I attempted to update the data in FSFlyingSchool by going to the Settings Page and selecting the “Generate runway data for FS2020” button under the Generate Runway Data section of the page. When I selected the button, I received a pop-up window stating “The folder: does not exist.” MS2020 and FSFlyingSchool appeared to function correctly with the following exception noted, when I was attempting to land , the aircraft and ILS appeared to be lined up with the runway; however, the instructor was informing me that I needed to lineup with the runway. I received the following comments in my log book:
Landing included the following problems:
• Poor alignment with runway on visual approach - line up and stay there. [0%]
• Landed without a proper approach OR off runway surface.
Not sure if this issue has anything to with the issue of not being able to Generate Runway Data, any assistance you could provide in correcting this issue would be appreciated.
Post #14179
Posted Sunday, November 01, 2020 5:53:59 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi RJ:

Glad to help.

Please run the generation again and when the message appears take a screenshot of the entire screen and send it to us at support@FSFlyingSchool.com

We will look into it from there.

The good news is that if the runway data generation process fails, nothing gets changed, so you can continue flying, the only difference will be that any runways which have changed since the last time this was done might produce odd results when you land there. Most will not.

Have you flown successful landings at any runways in FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

Please try it at a couple of other airports, which are not any part of add-on scenery, so we can compare your results.

Note that a key point is to enter the final phase of the landing as required by FSFlyingSchool, which is to make sure that you are:
- in landing mode
- pointing down the runway
- at the instant that you descend through 500 feet above ground level
as otherwise the instructor will tell you he/she does not know where you are planning to land and your score will be poor.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14180
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:49pm