Run-time error 70

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Run-time error 70 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:31:21 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, December 01, 2018 12:57:41 AM
When trying to connect FSFlyingSchool Pro2018 to P3D4.3 I got the following message:
Run-time error '2147023728(80070940)': Automation error / Element not found.
An earlier post in this forum indicated that this might result from my sound equipment.
So I disconnected my logitech loudspeakers etc. as described in this forum with no results.
Then I uninstalled a program which might influence sound behaviour: Hauppauge WinTV 8.5.

Now I get a different error message when connecting to P3DV4:
Run-time error '70': Permission denied

I have uninstalled and re-installed FSFlyingschool. The error still happens.

Any idea how to fix this problem???
Post #13641
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:21:11 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi SM:

The most likely reason is that the following step, stated as required in the installation process, has not been performed...

IMPORTANT! FSFlyingSchool should always be run 'as an administrator'.
You should do this even if you are the only person who uses the PC and even if you are an administrator.
To do this, right click on the FSFlyingSchool icon, shortcut or menu item you use to launch FSFlyingSchool, select
'Properties' from the menu, select the 'Compatibility' tab, and turn ON 'Run this program as an administrator'.

If after performing this step, exactly as described, FSFlyingSchool still causes the error, it is likely to be related to sound software or equipment.

One user reported solving Error 70 by turning a microphone on, for example.

Please review your sound software and equipment.

You may also need to select different sound cards at the setup screen of FSFlyingSchool - it most cases there is just ONE that will function correctly.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13642
Posted Thursday, November 22, 2018 12:27:29 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, December 01, 2018 12:57:41 AM
Hi Squadron Leader,

Thank You first for the quick response. The problem was related to sound indeed.

In the Settings page of FSFlyingschool I changed the voice command status to "Off - No voice commands". Now the error message is gone.

Currently I do not use the Voice Command package. So I have not made any settings at all in Windows10 regarding speech recognition. That might well have been the cause for my problem.

But that leaves me with an open end: What settings should I use in Windows 10 if I might want to use voice command in the future? The manual which I have got does not give any advice for Windows 10 as it has been published in 2013 ...

Post #13643
Posted Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:51:59 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi SM:

Great to hear you are flying again.

The Voice Command Pack works fine with Windows 10 and there are no extra steps to take due to Windows 10.

The error must have been caused by a sound related issue - but it is not related to Windows 10.

As I mentioned, one user reported solving Error 70 by turning a microphone on, for example.

Please review your sound software and equipment.

You may also need to select different sound cards at the setup screen of FSFlyingSchool - it most cases there is just ONE that will function correctly.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13644
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:35am