FS Pro Disconnects Immediately (X-Plane for Steam, v. 10.45)

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FS Pro Disconnects Immediately (X-Plane for... Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 30, 2016 3:41:24 PM
Just bought FS Pro 2016 but haven't registered it yet. So, running the demo version. The reason I haven't registered it is because I'm having so many problems with the demo.

First, my setup:

X-Plane 10.45 Global (Steam)
FS Pro 2016
Windows 7 64-bit
Kaspersky Antivirus

I have set FS Pro to run as administrator. I have specified the location of X-Plane in the application, and it recognizes it's there. I see the "Status: Monitoring X-Plane" in the FS Pro window. (However, the version number showing for X-Plane is v. 10.4.1.0, so, not sure if that's impacting something here?) I downloaded directly from the email sent to me by FS Pro on purchase.

I've had two different issues. To start, it was giving me an IP error 127.x.x. I read on the forums how to fix that to put in my network IP, and so I'm no longer getting that error.

Onto the next problem. So, I'm in X-Plane on the runway with their included Cessna, and I then try to start FS Pro by pushing connect. My problem is that almost as soon as it says 'Flight School connecting', it will then disconnect. I get told to 'make sure you're in the cockpi..' and then it disconnects immediately. I hear "Flight School Pro connecting..." 'Make sure you're in the cockp.." "Flight School Pro disconnecting.." -- just in that sequence. After that I get no instructor feedback or anything.

I have also tried while in the air. The instructor has enough time to say 'Looks like we're prepared for landing'.. and then.. 'Flight School pro disconnecting.."

Is there an update out there for this that's compatible w/ X-Plane 10.45? This is really aggravating, and I've tried everything I know to try. I've gone into my antivirus to set FS Pro as a trusted application and have even gone as far as to disable my antivirus completely. No dice. FS Pro just will not stay connected.

If it matters I'm at the Hollywood-FtLauderdale airport (but have read that this should work at any airport?)

Help, please? Thanks.

Post #12655
Posted Monday, May 30, 2016 3:44:19 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 30, 2016 3:41:24 PM
It seems that the demo version doesn't allow any airports besides Green Bay to Chicago. That's why it keeps disconnecting.

I could've missed this somewhere, but, just my opinion, this needs to be called out clearer to those who are working with the demo. Instead of just saying 'disconnecting' why not flash a warning window for the user that tells them the demo is restricted to certain airports? With the way it just suddenly disconnects it's not clear at all what the problem is.

Now that it's working it's a fine product. Thanks.
Post #12656
Posted Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:17:42 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

Great to hear you are up and flying with us.

Thanks for your feedback!

We try to make it clear at the demo web page at our site and on page 4 for the manual and on the log book page of the program when it disconnects that the demo does not function in the same way as a paid, licensed version.

I see your point that more could be done and we are looking at having the instructor announce the reason for the disconnection, which will provide yet another level of guidance for the pilot.

Happy landings!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12657
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:24am