FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Stops working on connecting Expand / Collapse
Running as Admin and still doesn't work
Poll ResultsVotes
Did I do something wrong?
0%
Flight school stops working immediately after connecting.
0%
0%
An error has occurred – Path/file access error location: write INI File; Line 140; File: [C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool\Aircraft.Data][FSFlyingSchool v8.6.3].
0%
I am running the program as administrator.
0%
I downloaded and installed FSUIPC4.
0%
0%
Member Votes: 0, Anonymous Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
Posted Monday, October 12, 2015 12:18:26 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:54:47 AM
Did I do something wrong? Flight school stops working immediately after connecting.

An error has occurred – Path/file access error location: write INI File; Line 140; File: [C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool\Aircraft.Data][FSFlyingSchool v8.6.3].
I am running the program as administrator.
I downloaded and installed FSUIPC4.
Post #12402
Posted Monday, October 12, 2015 2:31:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Ned:

Glad to help!

Firstly - please download and install the latest version of FSFS PRO 2015 - this is version 8.7.3 and has changes made to solve these issues. It may solve yours at once.

Just download from here...

http://www.fsflyingschool.com/download/FSFlyingSchool_Pro_2015_Setup.exe

and install into the same folder as your existing earlier version of FSFS PRO 2015.

Secondly - there are several different ways to 'run as administrator' and I need to make sure that you have taken the following specific steps...

You should do this even if you are the only person who uses the PC and even if you are an administrator.

To do this, right click on the FSFlyingSchool icon, shortcut or menu item you use to launch FSFlyingSchool, select 'Properties' from the menu, select the 'Compatibility' tab, and turn ON 'Run this program as an administrator'.

Once this has been done, to the new version you downloaded (see above), please try to connect to FSX with FSFS PRO 2015 v 8.7.3 and let me know how you get on.

Finally - only if there is still an error, can you tell me which security software is on the PC beyond anything by Microsoft, such as AVG, Norton, McAfee, or others?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12404
Posted Monday, October 12, 2015 6:15:14 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Squadron Leader,

Thank you for your response. I have product version: 8 06 0003 and File version 8 6 03 so will update as soon as I can. I live in the African bush and only get into town once every six weeks so I won't be able to do the update for a month. My connection here is via cell phone and very slow. I did go to the compatibility tab in properties and checked the "run as admin" box. then restarted the computer but the problem is still there. I guess I'll have to wait till I can update the program. Thanks again for your help.

Ned
Post #12406
Posted Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:41:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Ned:

OK - please let me know how you get on with the latest version.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12407
Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:03:49 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Squadron Leader,

I have finally gotten into the main town here in Northern Tanzania and downloaded the newer version as you suggested. FSFlying School still disconnects as soon as it connects with the same error messages. I use McAfee. Any more ideas. In addition to having Run as administrator in the compatibility section, I have run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 because I use Windows 7. Do you have any more ideas. Could it be the settings in McAfee?

Ned
Post #12451
Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:20:08 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Ned:

Thanks for the update!

We've encountered a small number of cases where folks who are using McAfee software have solved this problem completely by simply telling McAfee to 'exclude' or 'ignore' or 'allow' or 'trust' the FSFlyingSchool folder and / or the FSFlyingSchool application file itself, which is called FSFlyingSchool.exe, though your Windows configuration may simply display it as FSFlyingSchool.

The folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool

It appears that the latest versions of McAfee are acting on FSFlyingSchool in a manner which suggests that if something is unknown it is not to be trusted.

I regret I cannot tell you the exact screens visited in McAfee - it seems to depend on the exact version and we don't use it in our own business.

Please tell McAfee to trust FSFlyingSchool as described above and let me know how you get on.

To date, this procedure has always solved the issue.

Post #12452
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:36am