FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Newbie Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, August 14, 2015 9:22:54 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, November 08, 2015 12:46:39 AM
G'day from down under!

First off, great organisation and product you have here, a credit to all the people behind the scenes and the members.

Ok, now to the fund stuff.

I have purchased X Plane 10 on Steam (sorry was unaware it was available elsewhere as I found it on there) and that is where the software on my Windows 10 64 bit installation sits as per all the software I use with steam.

I have purchased the following and I hope I haven't doubled up on anything for no reason and not knowing if anything else is included with any other software. So if I have, I will have to organise something through Paypal as that is my fault. If not, yay for me lol.

FSSchool-V10 FSFlyingSchool for X-Plane 10

FSSchool-V10-C208 FSFlyingSchool for X-Plane 10 - Cessna 208 Edition

FSSchool-V10-C172 FSFlyingSchool for X-Plane 10 - Cessna 172 Edition

FSSchool-VoiceCommand FSFlyingSchool - Voice Command Pack

So I will wait for some form of confirmation that I have purchased the correct software before I start charging ahead

If someone can let me know if it is ok to install all of the above software together and a brief run down on what the difference is or anything special that I have or need to do that also would be awesome.

I was an anti submarine aircraft controller in the RAN a few years back now and thought I would like to go over to the other side . I have been tinkering around for a few days now and pretty much can establish level and straight flying and most of the time use the horizon to achieve this. I am guessing that is the very basics of flying, but now need and want to get into the nitty gritty of flight simulation and progress through aircraft and helicopters and I hope to utilise VATSIM Oceania, or I am open to other suggestions from seasoned pilots within this organisation.

Again great to be part of here and look forward to what I hope is many years of progressing and achieving what I can out of the simulation world in flight because unfortunately the funding is not available to do this in real life. (Plus I reckon my wife wouldn't let me do it if it was lol).

Cheers

Malcolm

PS: Sorry I also forgot to add this as well. After launching X Plane 10 I am receiving the following now since installing the flying school software.

Wrong IP Address: 127.0.0.1

No NIC with this address found!

Now I know what a NIC is but why would this be now showing up?

Cheers

Malcolm
Post #12240
Posted Saturday, August 15, 2015 7:08:10 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Mal:

Thanks for your interest in our products!

Nothing is duplicated in the bundle you've purchased - it's a good way to get up and flying with us in XP10.

Just install each of the 3 programs into the folders that the installer automatically suggests.

DO NOT install them into the same folder - they are 3 quite separate programs.

They should not be run at the same time - please run the program that works with the plane you have selected and already boarded in XP10.

The Voice Command Pack is simply a code you can enter into the Credits Screen of all 3 of the programs and it activates the Voice Command Pack built into all 3 of them.

'FSSchool-V10 FSFlyingSchool for X-Plane 10' supports use with the 15 planes listed in its manual, but you can add support for more, very simply in a text file, as described in detail in its manual.

As for the messages displayed by XP10 - please send a screen shot to support@fsflyingschool.com and we will look into it.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12243
Posted Saturday, August 15, 2015 4:21:11 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, November 08, 2015 12:46:39 AM
I have just emailed a screenshot as requested.

Thanks very much for the information provided.

Cheers

Malcolm
Post #12245
Posted Monday, August 17, 2015 7:47:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

For completeness - we are continuing this case via email.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12253
Posted Monday, September 07, 2015 12:03:27 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, October 26, 2015 12:33:23 PM
I have the same issue (127.0.0.1 IP address etc). The error doesn't appear to prevent the software working, so its more a minor annoyance than anything. There isn't a physical loopback interface configured so the error about having no NIC with that address is probably accurate, nonetheless 127.0.0.1 does work as a local loopback IP. Win 7 x64, latest X-Plane beta 10.40b11 and FSFS 3.2.0/3.3.0

Any ideas of the fix please?

Keith
Post #12325
Posted Wednesday, September 09, 2015 2:04:59 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Keith:

It is most unusual for XPUIPC to need any kind of change made to its configuration, but this may be needed on the PC in question.

Typically XPUIPC is installed here...

(Example)
C:\Users\user\Desktop\X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\XPUIPC

or something like...

(Example)
C:\Users\FRED\Desktop\X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\XPUIPC

Success is most likely achieved by using NOTEPAD to open the file in the XPUIPC folder:

xpuipc.ini

and changing

Server Address = 127.0.0.1

to whatever is actually shown as the address of the PC in the LAN settings for the PC by running the command

ipconfig

at a Command Prompt window.

An example would be:

Server Address = 192.168.0.11

(But you must use whatever address is the correct address).

Post #12332
Posted Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:38:21 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks - indeed that resolves the message popup... odd that it's looking for an interface but at least we have a workaround

FYI XPUIPC was just in the X-Plane Resources\plugins folder which on my system is on another drive, not in the userprofile folder.

Thanks again

Keith
Post #12335
Posted Wednesday, September 09, 2015 12:42:30 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Keith:

Could you let us know where the following are on your set up - giving full drives and paths please?

- X-Plane application

- XPUIPC.ini

- Our own software

If you could it would be most helpful in solving this for everyone! Thanks!

Post #12337
Posted Sunday, September 13, 2015 12:44:26 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

SquadronLeader (9/9/2015)
Hi Keith:
Could you let us know where the following are on your set up - giving full drives and paths please?

- X-Plane application

- XPUIPC.ini

- Our own software

No problem...

G:\X-Plane 10\
G:\X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\XPUIPC\XPUIPC.ini
C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchoolXPlane10
C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchoolXPlane10v3

I must admit I was a little disappointed that the 'multi-plane' version didn't include the Cessna 172 and seems a little odd to have to buy and install it separately - surely this is just a simple text file as you put it, above?!

Kind regards,

Keith.
Post #12361
Posted Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:55:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Keith:

Thanks for the information.

>> I must admit I was a little disappointed that the 'multi-plane' version didn't include the Cessna 172 and seems a little odd to have to buy and install it separately - surely this is just a simple text file as you put it, above?!

We first published the c172 edition and folks wanted support for more planes so we published the multiple planes edition with support for 15 more and the means to add as many more as the pilot wishes.

Rest assured that the pilot does not have to buy the c172 pack and install it separately in order to fly with a c172. The pilot can add the plane as described in the manual for the multiple planes edition.

By contrast, the pilot does have to buy the c172 pack and install it separately in order to get the far more detailed treatment that comes with the c172 edition, when flying with a c172.

It's up to the pilot's preference.

Post #12362
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:03am