Saving Flights

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Saving Flights Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:18:45 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:13:24 AM

After I complete a flight, the instructors performance data is present with my score. When I go to exit, the message says that my data is not saved. I have looked in the manuel but I could not find a section describing how to save my data. So the question is: How do I save my score data? Thanks.s

BW

Post #12123
Posted Friday, April 24, 2015 2:46:40 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi BW:

>> "When I go to exit, the message says that my data is not saved."

I don't know what you are describing - is it an ERROR message from Windows? Can you tell me exactly what is displayed (or send a screen shot)?

In order to save your flight scores etc, you don't need to do anything more than finish the flight you just flew. The Flight Plan screen of FSFS controls what automatically triggers "the end of a flight" and this point must be reached or the flight is not saved.

By default, the flight ends when you taxi to a stop after having flown for at least 30 seconds. But you can change this to end when you stop AND put the parking brake on, or when you do that AND cut the engines.

When folks choose the latter option... this is by far the most common reason for reports of "It's not saving my flights in the log book!" as they've changed the rules for the end of a flight, but may not be remembering to cut the engines, in which case... their flights will not end and not be recorded in the log book.

But... if you are getting errors from Windows - this means that FSFS is trying to write the data and being denied by Windows and that is a different matter.

Please let me know.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12124
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:37pm