Unable to generate runway data for P3Dv2.5

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Unable to generate runway data for P3Dv2.5 Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:46:44 AM
Hi,

I've just upgraded to FSFS PRO 2015 (from 2014) but I'm getting the following error when I click on the 'Generate runway data for P3D' box. I'm running P3Dv2.5 and have FSUIPC v4.939e installed.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Andy

Post #12120
Posted Saturday, April 18, 2015 3:53:25 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi Andy:

This IS a puzzle!

Taken in isolation, the most likely reasons for the MakeRwys application to fail to make the files we need are:

- It is being run in a folder which is not where the flight simulator is

OR

- It does not have permission from Windows to write files to the folder it is running in

The folder in question in the example you've reported is:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

and you need to be absolutely certain that this is where P3Dv2 is really installed on your PC.

On many PCs for example it will be installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

which is of course very different.

You also need to be certain that FSFS is being launched 'as an administrator'.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12122
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2015 12:59:57 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, May 17, 2015 11:48:10 PM
You need die Scenery.cfg in the main folder of P3D. No metter were you installed P3D. Mine is on H3D.

But the CFG is on C:\ProgramData\lockheedmartin\Prepare3d. Copy that one in the P3D Folder everytime you change something in the libery. An then run the RWupdate in FSFS.

BTW i reinstalled FSFS an FSUIPC befor that and deleted all the files the runwaymaker.exe created before. Linke the cvs files...

Now it works and i am able to get more then 25 points for Landingscore ;-)
Post #12137
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:04:32 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, June 07, 2015 5:21:30 AM
Just to also share this bug, it indeed is a problem, certainly on Windows 8.1 (x64).

The scenery.cfg file that is required by MakeRwys.exe is located in C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 and not your Prepar3dv2 root directory as the rwys program expects.

You must manually copy it from "C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" into the root directory in order for MakeRwys.exe to complete correctly.

Perhaps do an OS Version test in a newer version of MakeRwys.exe and have it look to the appropriate directory?
Post #12142
Posted Friday, September 04, 2015 12:43:35 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:53:02 PM
Hi make sure you have the latest version of MakeRws and copy it to both your Prepar3d folder and also your FSFlying school folder as FSFlying school will over write the MakeRWYS in Prepar3d with an older version.
Post #12311
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2015 4:03:30 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 7:46:44 AM
Hi,

Firstly, I can't apologise enough for not responding to any of your kind replies when I posted this topic back in April. For one reason and another, I've not been able to use my sim since then and only now am I able to try to get back in the air again, once I've blown all the dust and cobwebs away. Windows 10 and P3D v3 has happened during my absence but I have decided for the time being to stay with Win7x64 and P3DV2.5 and have over the past couple of days been working my way through making sure my add-ons are up-to-date.

After installing the latest version of FSFlyingSchool as of yesterday, the same old problem with generating runway data persists. I was about to post another topic here requesting assistance but I see I already did that back in April - and then promptly forgot all about it. With regards to checking the location of my P3Dv2 folder, that is 100% the correct location and I always launch P3Dv2 and any add-ons as administrator. I will try copying the file mentioned in the replies to the location suggested and see if that helps - will let you know.

I noticed there was another topic posted in the FSX forum, pretty much a carbon-copy of my problem. The sequence described by Marcan in his post dated Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:43:10 AM is exactly what I am experiencing. I think, in the end, you resolved to email him the file that was missing.

http://www.fsflyingschool.com/forum/Topic3090-5-3.aspx

Once again, apologies for not responding to any of your replies sooner.

Sincerest Regards,

Andy

EDIT: Adding the latest version of makerwys.exe to the FSFlyingSchool and P3D v2 directories did indeed sort me out.
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/
Thanks again for all your help!

Post #12455
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:36am