Reinstall problems

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Reinstall problems Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, April 03, 2015 12:36:37 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:13:24 AM
I thought I would try flying school again. Have not reinstalled for sometime.
However, I did re-register and all was ok. I downloaded my fsx files into the flight plan folder of Flying School. When I go onto fsx and try to load a flight plan, I get an error message that no rwy data is present.

When I try to connect after sitting on a runway. I get the message that I have to load a plan before attempting to fly.

Also when I open flying school I get the message that "Runway Data File is Missing".

I also get the message that the daily tip file is missing.

Wondering if I need an update??

Blackwolf
Post #12081
Posted Saturday, April 04, 2015 2:32:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi BW:

Thanks for your interest in FSFS! You can upgrade if you wish, but you do not need to. It is never required. Upgrade when you are ready.

From the issues you have described, I recommend that you uninstall your current FSFlyingSchool and then install FSFlyingSchool into a NEW folder - and don't move any files around - it is not necessary and is very likely to cause problems.

>> I downloaded my fsx files into the flight plan folder of Flying School.

I don't know what this means as FSFS has no flight plan folder.

>> When I go onto fsx and try to load a flight plan, I get an error message that no rwy data is present.

The message would come from FSFS and not from FSX. Not sure what you are describing - I recommend reinstall.

>> When I try to connect after sitting on a runway. I get the message that I have to load a plan before attempting to fly.

You never have to load a flight plan before flying in FSFS. Not sure what you are describing - I recommend reinstall.

>> Also when I open flying school I get the message that "Runway Data File is Missing".

If you reinstall as described this should be solved.

>> I also get the message that the daily tip file is missing.

Again - it sounds like files have been moved and this has damaged the installation - if you reinstall as described this should be solved.

>> Wondering if I need an update??

You can upgrade if you wish, but you do not need to. It is never required. Upgrade when you are ready.

Please let me know how you get on!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12082
Posted Saturday, April 04, 2015 7:07:24 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:13:24 AM
Previously, I had installed into my D:\ Drive. I reinstalled to my C:\ drive and all is well with one exception. The program will not accept the Cessna detail pack. I have tried 4 or 5 times and even put it in manually. When I put it in it says that the number is not valid.
It did work on the D:/ drive install. Just need a little more help getting the 172 pack working. Thanks a million for your help.

Wanted to add that Voice Pak was successfully added when the reg number was put in. Do I need a new serial number for the Cessna Pak?

Blackwolf
Post #12083
Posted Sunday, April 05, 2015 6:09:17 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
Glad it is working!

We will contact you via email regarding the c172 pack as it involves your personal, private registration codes.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12084
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:00pm