Questions about circuit mode

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Questions about circuit mode Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:45:47 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 2:21:53 AM
Hi,

I have some questions about circuit mode :

- My aircraft is ready to take off, on runway 7L. So I connect FSFS and I press ctrl+shift+space. Okay, i'm going to circuit mode. It seems that I have to press Ctrl+shift+z to tell FSFS that I'm ready to take off. Is it true ?

- Am I supposed to press Ctrl+shift+Z when I'm entering a new branch (crosswind, downwind, base, final) ? Or should be detected by FSFS ?

It looks like circuit (crosswind, downwind, base, final) is not well detected on LFPP ... May an AFCAD be defficient ?

Regards,
Oliver

PS : I guess Right Hand Circuit is coming soon ? ...
Post #11994
Posted Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:50:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

Flight modes are mutually exclusive - you cannot be taking off AND cruising for example.

But Circuit Mode exists at the same time as flight modes. You can be in circuit mode AND in any flight mode.

Pressing Ctrl Shift Z or Ctrl Shift X will only ever change your flight mode - not circuit mode.

It is not necessary (or possible) to tell the instructor which leg of the circuit you are on - this is detected automatically.

You must always, in every flight, control the flight mode, to make sure the instructor knows what you are planning to do.

The most common reason that causes folks to experience problems with circuit mode is a failure to make sure that NAV1 OBS is set to the exact runway heading before entering circuit mode.

Please let me know how you get on!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11995
Posted Friday, January 23, 2015 1:22:06 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi:

I still meet issues with circuit mode.

- Ready to take off, connecting to FSFS.
- Altimeter and Nav1 Obs are ok. Ctrl+shift+space to enter circuit mode. OK
- Max throttle to take off. Instructor not happy : I'm taxiing too fast. I should have pressed ctrl+shift+z
- Upwind is ok ...
- Instructor suggest to get crosswind ... Done, but not detected ...
- Instructor still tells me to get crosswind as i am getting downwind ... Starting reducing throttle and first level of flaps ... Instructor not happy : I'm cruising. I should have pressed ctrl+shift+z
- Getting Base ... Intructor tells me my downwind should be parallel ...
- Getting Final, about to land ... Instructor tells me to turn on final ...

Okay ... It was (very) soon this morning, and quickly before going to work ... I've made a video to be as clear as possible ... So you can see and understand what i mean ... (and you can see how am i the worst learner of the month )

Please, don't comment my very poor steering and my very very poor landing (not so far to crash my gear ...) OUCH !

It's hard for me to reduce trhottle enough and not descending too fast ...

Edit : i will post my video asap ...
Edit 2 : Here's the link
Edit 3 : Don't focus on this very poor flight ...
Post #11996
Posted Friday, January 23, 2015 5:40:05 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Thanks for the video - this is a wonderful way for us to help folks who have questions!

Hey everyone - let's see more of your videos on YouTube please! We'd love to see your flights!

Odrezet77 - I think we can see the problem - at 13 seconds into the video is is clear that NAV1 OBS is set to 340 degrees and this is certainly NOT the runway heading.

The runway is 07L and the whiskey compass is also clearly showing a heading around 70 degrees.

Remember that: "The most common reason that causes folks to experience problems with circuit mode is a failure to make sure that NAV1 OBS is set to the exact runway heading before entering circuit mode."

Please set NAV1 OBS to the runway heading before entering circuit mode and let us know how you get on!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11997
Posted Sunday, January 25, 2015 11:48:24 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi,

What can i say ?

It was there ... The only thing I had to do was to open my eyes ... It would be better for a VFR flight ...

It works fine, with Nav1 OBS correctly set ... So I will post a video with a correct circuit. It would be nice to see other's flights or circuits...

Have a great day and good flights.

Oliver.
Post #12000
Posted Monday, January 26, 2015 3:37:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Oliver:

Excellent result!

We're all looking forward to seeing your video!

And those of anyone else wanting to share their FSFlyingSchool experiences with FSX, FS2004, P3D or X-Plane!

TIP - 'Fraps' is a program very commonly used to record videos of simulators or games in progress.

It's the tool we use to record our videos.

Post #12001
Posted Monday, January 26, 2015 6:14:31 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Roger SL !

FRAPS is the tool i'm using too ...
Post #12002
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:30pm