FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

123»»»

v.3.2.0 FSFS for P3D and C182 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:52:58 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:30:33 AM
Can you tell me where it reads that this aircraft (A2A C182) has spoilers and retractable gear? The main window shows it is reading from the A2A_C182.fsr (which I copied from the Carenado 182 fsr) and specifically shows in the "other data" window that gear and spoilers are unchecked.

It is very annoying when even the simplest of issues cannot be easily resolved. Is there a fix for this?

Mario Di Lauro
Post #11849
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:51:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

As you can imagine, this is one of the reasons we offer free demo versions of all our products.

The situation you have described can happen when the data coming into FSFS from the simulator indicates that the plane has, for example, spoilers, retractable gear, flaps, etc.

>> It is very annoying when even the simplest of issues cannot be easily resolved.

Ready to help - have you written to us about this at another time?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11855
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:03:19 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Ah, I see why you are asking that question. No, I have not but saw other users with similar issue. I did not seem to find an appropriate solution.

Anyhow, as I mentioned. in the aircraft window, I see that it points to the copy of the Carenado C182 I created (where gear and spoilers = 0) and both spoilers and gear are unchecked in the "Other data" section.

I even tried using the USER DATA and unchecked the same two items, to no avail.

One thing I did notice is that the (I believe it is Lear jet - no in front of sim at the moment) is also checked and grayed out. Can this be an issue?

So, it seems to be reading the file properly but for some reason, the instructor has decided to take it upon herself to read some other configuration - silly Ms. Aviatrix.

Any ideas?

Mario Di Lauro
Post #11856
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:23:18 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

The Lear will make no difference - only a plane which is not grayed out will affect results in the currently flown plane.

Some add-on planes (very few) indicate in their data that they have things which they do not.

The FSFS Aircraft Screen checkboxes give the user a means to indicate that the plane has something that is not otherwise being detected. We hope to soon add the means to indicate that something which is being detected is not present.

This effectively means "I don't care what Flight Simulator or Prepar3D is saying - this plane does not have spoilers (or flaps or retractable gear, etc.)."

In the meantime, a workaround is to rename the unwanted voice files which are being spoken, so that they will not be spoken. This will of course then have the effect of silencing them for all aircraft.

The files are:
ExceedGearDown.wav
LowerGear.wav
PositiveRateGearUP.wav
RaiseGear.wav
SlowDownSoYouCanLowerGear.wav
RetractSpoilers.wav

I hope that helps!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11857
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:32:53 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Excellent advice!!! I will try it and a huge thanks for the prompt replies. It is much appreciated.

Mario Di Lauro
Post #11858
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:14:06 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

OK it works (except for "leaning the mixture" but I can live with that for now). Let me ask you: is the C182 add-on for P3D workable with the A2A or is that a totally different ball game?

Mario Di Lauro
Post #11859
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:52:17 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Glad we're making progress!

The monitoring of the mixture is controlled by the "Monitor Engines" option at the Aircraft Screen. Nevertheless - I am surprised there is an issue with it - can you describe the issue?

As for the A2A c182 for P3D - I had imagined that is the plane you have been describing in this topic? Or was it another? Please let me know.

Post #11860
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:03:26 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

The A2A C182 is indeed the plane I have issues with. For the mixture, she keeps repeating to lean, lean lean - no matter if it is completely rich, mid-lean or near-stall lean.

And I was wondering if I could use the C182 addon with the A2A to take advantage of checklists and the like. I would assume not since FSFS is having base-issues with this aircraft - and I do not blame the software one bit. It must be he** trying to keep up woth the multiple aircraft being released.

Mario Di Lauro
Post #11861
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:41:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Hmmm... it sounds like we might not be getting mixture readings we expect from the A2A c182.

We'll look into this. Similarly, we had to make some specific adjustments to customize support for the excellent A2A c172 last year.

In the meantime, as I mentioned, you can turn off "monitor engines" to silence comments about the mixture. This will apply just to that plane of course so it will not interfere with others.

The c182 pack should work well with the plane overall but there may be some exceptions. It would be patently impossible to make everything we publish work with every publisher's aircraft and so there may be some differences here and there.

If you notice anything else I'd love to know as we'd like folks to be able to fly with us in the A2A c182 - just as we accomplished with the A2A c172 after some adjustments.

Post #11862
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:31:13 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

OK, I installed the C182 addon for P3D. I cannot get any checklist action. The caption will read (upon hitting CTR-SFT N):
checklist (blank).

When I hit CTRL-SFT B, will only trigger a sky condition, so I assume the addon installed OK. What am I doing wrong?

Mario Di Lauro
Post #11863
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

123»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:58pm