So Far, I Hate This Program

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

So Far, I Hate This Program Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 16, 2016 7:41:39 PM
So it took me quite a while to get the program running. Thanks to the Forum for finding out I had to open as administrator. Why don't they fix this glitch?
Then it took me an hour to figure out how to register the program. How on Earth am I supposed to guess I have to go to Credits to do so?

OK, so now I am running. I start FS9 and create and load a flight plan from San Diego to Los Angeles. I am sitting on the runway ready to go and open FSFS, and enter the flight plan, right? I though FSFS knows what flight plan I'm running.
So I load the plan, and the instructor either says over and over, "OK on 2 NAV 1 to the runway ILS..108.50." Over and over. That's it.
Another time all the instructor said was "You're flying to fast, slow down." I was in a Cessna doing 80 the first time. The second time I was on the runway.
What's going on? Is this program one big glitch?

Post #11581
Posted Wednesday, May 07, 2014 7:32:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

I am sorry to read that you hate our work.

The manual explains that the program must be run as an administrator and that registration is done at the credits screen.

We find that, in general, a better outcome is achieved if the pilot reads the manual for the product.

There is no need to file a flight plan - you can if you wish.

The program is not "one big glitch" and as a result we've won 4 Classic Product Awards from PC Pilot Magazine and have been sold by leading flight simulation shops all over the world for 7 years.

Please read the manual and then get into the cockpit of a plane included with Flight Simulator which has a corresponding FSR file and taxi to a runway, take off, fly and land, and let us know if you encounter any problems.

If you do, please let us know the following...
- The plane
- Altitude

...and we will take it from there.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11582
Posted Friday, May 09, 2014 7:17:35 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 16, 2016 7:41:39 PM
I just tried again. Open FS9. Loaded a IFR flight plan from San Diego to Los Angeles. Sitting on the runway ready to take off. In a Cessna 172SP. Pressed the Windows button. Right click on the FSFS icon. Ran as administrator. Hit connect. The first time I got the message over and over again, "OK on 2 NAV 1 to the runway ILS..108.50." or something very close to that. So I had to shut both programs. Tried again. This time when I hit connect I get the FSUIPC Access Error. My modules tab shows I have version 3.7. Hit OK. Now, over and over again all I get is, "You're going to fast, slow down." Over and over again. AND I'M SITTING ON THE RUNWAY, NOT MOVING!!!
Want me to take a movie and upload to YouTube so you can see?

Dave

Post #11583
Posted Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:42:47 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

Please quit FS2004 and FSFS and download and install the latest version of FSUIPC 3 - it is here...

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC.zip

Always run as an admin - you can change the properties of the FSFS shortcut so that this is guaranteed to happen every time.

Please try the same again, but at a different airport and without loading a flight plan first.

What you are reporting is most unusual - I am not sure I have ever read such a report before - and so there must be something very unique about the PC or its configuration. We should be able to determine what it is if we move step by step.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11584
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:50am