fs2004 and FSfs getting started on instrument approaches..? same as fs2004!!

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

fs2004 and FSfs getting started on instrument... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, March 06, 2014 12:28:33 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:55:40 AM
I just want to fly approaches and quickly reposition to an in the air position and altitude (by the way there is no altitude setting..?). I do all the instructions given for fsfs click connect go to fs2004 and my waiting plane is just regular old fs2004 I have to take off, climb and waste a ton of time. Where is the instant part of instant approach..? I see I am not the only one having this problem. Please help
Post #11475
Posted Thursday, March 06, 2014 1:24:33 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:55:40 AM
I did overlook the altitude entry spot but still zero luck getting any instant action out of this program..? I hit connect and just return to an airplane on the ground..?
Post #11476
Posted Friday, March 07, 2014 4:29:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Paul:

There is no need to set the altitude unless you want it to be a specific altitude.

Please do the following...

1. Download and install the latest version of FSUIPC (version 3 - for FS2004).

Download from here...

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC.zip

and in the downloaded zip you will see the application...

"Install FSUIPC.exe"

and please run that to install the latest version.

2. Be sure to follow the instructions on the use of the On Approach feature in our software. Specifically, you need to have the plane in the air and flying at the speed you want to start the approach at before you press CONNECT to start the approach. This is because as the manual explains, it is not possible to automatically set the speed of the airplane in FS2004. You can have the plane flying anywhere - it does not matter - but it has to be flying at the speed you want.

Most folks set that up and SAVE the FLIGHT so that they can reload it again whenever they want to practice approaches. The process to "save the flight" takes about 60 seconds and once done never has to be done again.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11477
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:13am