FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

FSFlyingSchool 2014 compatiblity P3Dv2 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, January 31, 2014 4:30:01 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 07, 2014 6:10:21 AM
Hello,
Is FSFlyingSchool 2014 compatible with with P3Dv2 and work with?

thanks

khv

Post #11416
Posted Friday, January 31, 2014 4:54:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

Thanks for your interest in FSFS!

We have no FSFS PRO 2014 for P3D of any kind yet.

Some folks have reported problems when using the "On Approach" features of FSFS PRO 2013 for P3D.

This is certainly an issue which we have been able to reproduce here - but it does not occur consistently.

It must be remembered that FSFS PRO 2013 for P3D is for P3D v 1 and if it is working with P3D v 2 - this is, strictly speaking, a coincidence.

Lockheed have made many improvements and changes in v 2.

We are working on the release of a version of FSFS which is designed to fully support P3D v 2.

I will keep everyone updated via this forum and the website of course and folks on our mailing list will get an announcement upon the release of the new version.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11417
Posted Monday, March 03, 2014 2:37:44 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, March 03, 2014 5:33:15 AM
Hi SquadronLeader,

I received an email yesterday notifying me of the upgrade to FSFlyingSchool PRO 2014. Like an idiot I jumped in, purchased and downloaded it this morning before realising that it may not in fact be compatible with Prepar3D versions 1.4 and 2.1 (I have both installed).

I have FSFlyingSchool Pro 3013 with the FSFlyingSchool_Pro_2013_P3D_2_3_0_Setup.exe installer and it works fine with Prepar3D 1.4. The installer for the FSX/2004 version of FSFS PRO, I note, is FSFlyingSchool_Pro_2014_Setup.exe.

I, like many others, have been waiting eagerly for an update which includes full compatibility with the A2A Cessna 172. When I saw that this had now been achieved a suppose my excitement got the better of me and I rushed to purchase the update

Two questions, if I may:

1. When you release the fully compatible version of FSFS PRO 2014 for Prepar3D v2.1 will I have to purchase again or will I be able to download and use the registration key provided with today's purchased FSX/FS2004 version?

2. Should the update be installed over the previous FSFlyingSchoolP3D installion or should this be uninstalled first?

Thank you for your help with this.

I have been reading the FSFS forums over the past few days and I would like to say how very impressed I have been with the high quality of customer support being offered. Your friendly, helpful responses are a real vote winner along with the tolerance and patience shown to those few who, without any valid justification, attempt to rock the boat.

Best regards,

Mike
Post #11454
Posted Monday, March 03, 2014 3:16:22 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Mike:

Firstly - thanks so much for your kind words about the support provided here at the forum. Most messages that cross the forum are problems and sometimes complaints and it is a very great pleasure to receive some which are not.

As your post covers aspects that are best made by informal private arrangement, we will contact you by email to help with the purchase you made for FSX when you wanted it for P3D - we will certainly be able to make a satisfactory arrangement.

As to the installation, I'd recommend that the new installation be installed in a separate folder and tested there as a demo first. If it meets expectations then a customer may consider making the purchase to upgrade and if this is done, then I'd recommend that the program finally be installed in the same folder as the existing version as this means that it will "see" (continue using) the existing settings and logs etc.

We are certainly working towards FSFS PRO 2014 for P3D v 2.x but we are not there yet - we will announce any news here on the forum.

Finally - there certainly are 2 separate versions of the product - one for FSX and one for P3D - and they are not interchangeable. As I said of course - we will contact you by email to sort out your purchase.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11456
Posted Monday, March 03, 2014 4:36:45 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, March 03, 2014 5:33:15 AM
Hi SquadronLeader,

My goodness, that was quick! I've received the email (thanks!) and responded.

This experience exemplifies the spirit of cooperation and cheerful helpfulness which abounds on this forum. Such a refreshing change from certain others I could mention.

Best regards,

Mike
Post #11457
Posted Monday, March 03, 2014 5:58:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Mike:

Once again - thanks so much for your kind words!

We got your email reply - thanks for your understanding.

Post #11458
Posted Monday, May 19, 2014 8:18:43 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Saturday, May 02, 2015 11:51:10 AM
I would like to use your product but I only have prepar3d v2.2 installed. It has been a couple of months since your last post on this. Can you give any update as to when the p3d v2 version might be available? Is it weeks, months, or years?

Thank you for your help
Terry
Post #11591
Posted Monday, May 19, 2014 8:57:50 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Terry:

Thanks for your interest.

We've been working hard to crack the technical problem with P3D2 but have not yet.

We very much want to start selling it ASAP as you can imagine.

I have no date for you as such but one can hope that it would be at most months before this is solved.

We'll announce it here of course and please make sure you are on our mailing list too, to get automatic news.

Post #11592
Posted Monday, May 19, 2014 9:48:09 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Saturday, May 02, 2015 11:51:10 AM
Thank you for the prompt reply. I hope LM are helping you sort out the technical issues. They say they are very supportive of developers? Look forward to getting your product.
Post #11593
Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:55:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Terry:

Yes LM are excellent!

Say - would you be interested in testing an early ("beta") copy of the product when it becomes available?

Post #11596
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:53pm