A Completely NEW YOKE Coming Soon

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

A Completely NEW YOKE Coming Soon Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, December 02, 2013 2:52:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 8:28:17 PM
[Posted with the advance approval of Squadron Leader / FS Inventions]

One of my biggest gripes with current yokes is the lack or realistic shaft throw on the pitch axis. And we all know about sticky yokes, poor centering, etc.

Currently I use the CH Ecliipse Yoke and it is ok. I am considering switching to the Saitek Cessna yoke.
I also considered the PFC Beech Yoke at USD$620. BUT..on inquiry was told by PFC the shaft has a TOTAL throw of only THREE INCHES.
I take lessons in a Cessna 172 with a total throw on pitch axis of ~12 inches. Huge difference!

NOW....There is a completely new yoke in development that is currently on KickStarter.
No springs! No Gears! And with full Haptic Feedback this yoke will adjust yoke control pressure according to the aircraft attitude, speed, etc. inputs per FSX, XPlane, or P3D!! AND the self-centering spot will change according to flight attitude and control surface placement, speed, etc. Wow!

The developers are real world pilots and seem to know their engineering of flight.
HERE IS THE LINK.....

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/irisdynamics/affordable-force-feedback-flight-sim-control-yoke

While not affordable to everyone, the price is not out of bounds at ~Canandian$550 plus shipping.

The video and write up on KickStarter explains the technology at work.

I wrote to the developers and found out some more details.
This new yoke will have a throw distance of 8.5". Shortly after the product is shipped, the company will offer shaft extensions for those who wish to go a bit closer to the real yoke movement of their preferred aircraft. Now that is cool!

Check it out.
Rmmm
(No commercial or other connection with the folks at IRIS Dynamics.)
(Just sharing some good news.)

Post #11268
Posted Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:35:52 PM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 8:28:17 PM
The Kickstarter Campaign was roundly successful --- achieving 115% of the funding target.
Campaign price $550-$600Canadian $$...Pre-Order price is now $800.

Rmmm (12/2/2013)
[Posted with the advance approval of Squadron Leader / FS Inventions]

One of my biggest gripes with current yokes is the lack or realistic shaft throw on the pitch axis. And we all know about sticky yokes, poor centering, etc.

Currently I use the CH Ecliipse Yoke and it is ok. I am considering switching to the Saitek Cessna yoke.
I also considered the PFC Beech Yoke at USD$620. BUT..on inquiry was told by PFC the shaft has a TOTAL throw of only THREE INCHES.
I take lessons in a Cessna 172 with a total throw on pitch axis of ~12 inches. Huge difference!

NOW....There is a completely new yoke in development that is currently on KickStarter.
No springs! No Gears! And with full Haptic Feedback this yoke will adjust yoke control pressure according to the aircraft attitude, speed, etc. inputs per FSX, XPlane, or P3D!! AND the self-centering spot will change according to flight attitude and control surface placement, speed, etc. Wow!

The developers are real world pilots and seem to know their engineering of flight.
HERE IS THE LINK.....

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/irisdynamics/affordable-force-feedback-flight-sim-control-yoke

While not affordable to everyone, the price is not out of bounds at ~Canadian$550 plus shipping.

The video and write up on KickStarter explains the technology at work.

I wrote to the developers and found out some more details.
This new yoke will have a throw distance of 8.5". Shortly after the product is shipped, the company will offer shaft extensions for those who wish to go a bit closer to the real yoke movement of their preferred aircraft. Now that is cool!

Check it out.
Rmmm
(No commercial or other connection with the folks at IRIS Dynamics.)
(Just sharing some good news.)

Post #11302
Posted Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:57:47 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Congratulations to the folks at Iris!

We wish them the best of luck.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11303
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:45am