Flying school quits when trying to use speech recognition

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flying school quits when trying to use speech... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, August 19, 2013 2:47:41 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:19:46 PM
I have windows 8 installed on my computer and running X-plane 10. My flying school will run OK except when I try to load it up with the speech recognition. I get a message stating that flying school has stopped working and will close. I have disabled speech recogniton for windows so that is not in conflict don't know what to do. Thank you in advance.
Post #11045
Posted Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:04:22 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

We also have an email from you on this subject so I will answer it here so others can read the case.

In order for its Voice Command features to run correctly FSFS needs a PC with a functioning Windows Speech Recognition system AND it needs the Windows Speech Recognition application (program) to be closed (not running - not open) when you us FSFS with its own Voice Command.

This may sound confusing, but there are 2 separate elements involved:
i. The underlying Windows Speech Recognition system, which is built into Vista, Win7 and Win8, but has to be installed into XP.
ii. The Windows Speech Recognition application (program) which is a handy program you can launch in order to talk to your PC - but MUST NOT be used with FSFS and Voice Command.

>> when I try to load it up with the speech recognition

1. Do you mean you launch FSFS using the Windows Speech Recognition application ? I don't think you mean this - this should never be used.

2. Do you mean you launch FSFS with its Settings Screen already set to use Voice Command?

>> I have disabled speech recogniton for windows

3. Can you explain how you did this? I just need to be sure I know what you are describing without any ambiguity.

4. Most PCs have several sound devices nowadays. Can you look and see if yours does at the Settings Screen of FSFS and try the different ones and see what results you get? As an example, on my own main development PC, the sound device I use when writing and testing FSFS is not the default sound device.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11046
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:11pm