No Ground power of Parking brake after using FS Instant Approch demo!

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

No Ground power of Parking brake after using... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, April 06, 2013 1:32:43 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:17:42 PM
I recently used the demo version of FS Instant Approach in FS9 and I have no idea why but since then I cannot connect ground power for any of my aircraft at any airport. Also I cannot engage the parking brake even though it is mapped for "ctrl+." in the keyboard assignments. I only know of the "Shift+G" combination to connect ground power and there is no option for it listed in the keyboard assignments, so do I have to change some .cfg values?

I'd really like to get this straightened out since some aircraft I fly require ground power to start engines and pressing ctrl+E doesn't seem to work with some aircraft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post #10834
Posted Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:18:38 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:17:42 PM
Okay, I've found the problem. I think that somehow FS Instant approach changed the Aircraft.cfg files of several of my aircraft making it impossible to engage the parking brake. Without the parking brake engaged you can't connect to ground power. So I simply changed the value in the relevant aircraft.cfg files to "parking_brake=1" and everything is now back to normal. I hope somebody with a similar problem will find this useful someday.
Post #10836
Posted Sunday, April 07, 2013 4:44:15 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

I am sorry to read you had a problem - rest assured that none of our software ever changes aircraft.cfg files.

Glad to hear you have things working.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10837
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:00pm