Duplicate problem running FSIA on windows 7 64bit

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Duplicate problem running FSIA on windows 7... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:12:36 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 18, 2013 3:25:11 PM
This topic is really to support an earlier topic regarding running the FSIA Pro program on a Win7 64bit (Ultimate) PC. I purchased this software over the weekend and found that when run under the above installation, I too have the same problem and that is the program runs through the scenary loading screen etc but when it returns to the Flt sim screen the aircraft is in exactly the same position. I have tried using it on verious different a/c inc PMDG 737NG, Ifly 737, and standard FS a/c all having the same result. I have tried also with no running Add ons (Except FSUPIC) and this does not rectify the problem.

As a matter of interest I run a 2nd PC along side my Flt Sim PC, with Flight commander 9 which I use for real time navigation and flight planning etc and I have noticed that when I run the FSIA software and press the connect button I can watch my a/c move to the requested approach runway on the FC9 monitor as the setup software is running, but when I switch to the Flt Sim screens my a/c is back to its original position which is also verified on the FC9 monitor. I dont know if this will be of any help in diagnosing this problem.

This is very frustrating as I was hoping this software would be an ideal way to practice approach landing etc, but find I cant run the software to achieve this. I hope you can rectify the problem quickly.

(Spec: Intel I7, 8MB Ram, NVidia Gforce GTX 560TI, 120 SSD HD, FSXSP2 + Acc, FSUIPC v4.25)

Post #10760
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 8:01:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi John:

Thanks for all the information. Can you please quit all programs and download and install the latest FSUIPC - at the time of writing this is 4.86.

Then try again - making sure you are in a plane first before launching the FSIA program.

For everyone's attention - this section of the manual describes the need for FSUIPC's later versions...

Note to Flight Simulator X users.
If you want to use FS Instant Approach PRO with Flight Simulator X you must install Peter Dowson's award winning
FSUIPC version 4.80 or above. The FSUIPC version you need is free - you do not need to buy (register) it.
If you already have FSUIPC version 4.80 or above installed on your PC, you do not need to install it again. You can
check this by looking at the AddOns Menu of FSX while in the cockpit of a plane to check if FSUIPC appears there. If
it does appear on the AddOns Menu of FSX, it is installed and you do not need to install it. If it does not appear there,
you should install it as your next step. To install it, simply launch FSUIPC from your FS Instant Approach PRO CD or
download it from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and then launch the program you downloaded.
The FSUIPC version you need is free - you do not need to buy (register) it.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10761
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 3:29:44 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 18, 2013 3:25:11 PM
Yes you are right. I have updated FSUIPC to thevery latest version and it works. Job done!!

Thanks for your quick responce and advice.

Great support !!

Very useful piece of software, Keep up the good work.

Post #10765
Posted Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:03:40 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi:

Excellent result - thanks for your kind words!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10766
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:38am