Repeated Instructors Comment During Flight

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Repeated Instructors Comment During Flight Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:21:18 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:48:23 AM
I have used FSFS 2013 for a week now and quite satisfied with it. I have a concern here...I am now flying PMDG 737-800NGX and quite well on the operations and procedures of the aircraft.. However, whenever I fly with the Instructor, Mr Smith, keep on commenting 2 statements during the flight ie."Too fast the flaps retract them" and "you are cruising with flaps down lets take them up". I know for sure I have retracted the flaps up after take off and while cruising as indicated in the plane cockpit and control...What could be the issue?
Post #10751
Posted Friday, March 15, 2013 2:49:12 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

It sounds like FSX is indicating to FSFS that the flaps are still down, probably by a small amount.

In general, FSFS works with any powered airplane, but as 3rd party add-on aircraft can differ substantially in the way that they interact technically with FSX, it is always best to try out with our free demo first.

We offer a free demo so that the user can make absolutely sure that the planes to be flown work perfectly on the PC to be used, with the equipment to be used, before making a purchase.

The demo has no time limit, so you can take your time with your testing.

Other FSFS fans have had excellent results with a lot of the very detailed 3rd party add-ons, including PMDG, but I recommend that you try flying with our demo first.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10754
Posted Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:26:01 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 1:28:42 PM
I to have had the same experience with the demo version. I have tried the demo on both FSX and Prepar3d. The only negative that I have found about the Prepar3d version is that when I set the plane not to have retractable gears the instructor keeps telling me to put the gear up.

The FSX version suffers from the same issue that the OP had. I have tried it on only FSX supplied planes and the result is the same. The instructor gets caught in a loop and I find myself looking for the shutUP button. I really don't think, in my case, that the instructions given have anything to do with the aircraft chosen (you would know better than I). I have tried the demo four times (FSX)and each times the instructor gets into a loop and it is not the same instruction each time. This is very annoying and would stop me from purchasing your product.

Just as a foot note FSX and Prepar3D are on two different computers. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to fix the issue. Thank you.
Post #10823
Posted Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:56:14 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

Firstly - to avoid confusing other readers of this post, your question is I imagine about FSFlyingSchool and not FS Instant Help (this is the FS Instant Help forum). I mention this for clarity.

Rest assured that FSFS is used by thousands of people all over the world with XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8 systems and works just fine with 100s of airplanes - so... we need to find out what is unique about your PC or your configuration of FSFS or FSX or P3D.

Here are some points and some questions...

- Unless FSFS cannot automatically deduce whether the plane has retractable gear, it is not necessary for the pilot to supply this information - it is, in almost every case, automatically detected.

- Can you tell us at least 2 or 3 default FSX planes that exhibit "Let's get the gear up" when they do not have retractable gear.

- "and it is not the same instruction each time"... Can you tell us which other instructions the instructor is saying at incorrect times?

- Are you using FSUIPC 4.8 or higher?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10828
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:03am