problem starting fsfs with fsx

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

problem starting fsfs with fsx Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:26:30 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:30:04 AM
HI can any one help me? first i load fsx get my plane on the runway then i come out of fsx and go in to fsfs do all the data and then click connect it confirms that fsfs is connected then it brings up a new window from fsx loading the data but once loaded it disappears so i then click on fsx after many attempts to get back in to fsx and once im in the plane on my approach in to my selected airport the instructor starts to speak then all of a sudden a voice comes on saying fsfs disconnected it keeps disconnecting every time i go in to fsx does any one know what the problem is and can explain to me step by step in how to fix it please?

thanks very much

Post #10653
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:36:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Benny:

Thanks for trying FSFS!

There are a number of reasons that will cause FSFS to intentionally disconnect. Note that the disconnection is quite deliberate - it is not due to a fault of some kind.

The reasons for disconnection are described in the manual and are always reported at the log book screen of FSFS after the disconnection has occurred.

The most common reason is that the pilot is flying with the DEMO version of FSFS and the plane was placed, or has flown, outside of the DEMO area, which a strip between Chicago and Green Bay.

The program is in demo mode until a registration key is purchased and entered.

Other reasons for disconnection are: 'slewing' the plane rapidly from place to place; changing the aircraft during a session with FSFS; changing the time of day. As I say - this is all explained in detail in the manual which is installed on the PC at the same time that the program (even the free demo) is installed.

Please let me know what it says at the log book screen of FSFS when the disconnection occurs.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10654
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:27:05 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

hi

Thank you sooo much for replying to my problem

i don't know what it was but its all been fixed after reading your comments i logged on and logged on to fsx pressed connected in fsfs and it all worked fine. i have no idea on what the problem was or what i did ha ha ha

thanks again for your help

Benny

Post #10655
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:14:48 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Benny:

Excellent result - good to hear all is well.

When you have time I strongly recommend looking through the manual as you will get a lot more out of the product if you do.

A lot of what FSFS does is very easy to follow and use, but a lot of it is also more subtle and is far better understood if the manual is read.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10656
Posted Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:12:17 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

cool brill thanks very much tho i have noticed that the instructor doesant di you in detail instructions for example set flaps, speed and what to do when you want to come in to land or what altitude to be at. he just seems to quiet lol is that how it should be or is there any settings i need to apply?

many thanks

Ben

Post #10660
Posted Friday, February 22, 2013 12:33:29 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Benny:

You will hear more detailed instruction when flying with one of the planes for which there is a detail pack - see their FSFS manuals on your PC.

The main goal of FSFlyingSchool is to provide instructors who will fly with you anywhere in the world and evaluate your performance in over 70 different areas with fully recorded details.

As Flight Simulator itself comes with an extensive set of detailed lessons, we have not duplicated them, but rather have provided a much greater level of detail in the analysis of airmanship.

The 'problem' with the Flight Simulator lessons is that they can only be performed in the location they are scripted for. They also make no attempt to record what the pilot did wrongly and do not begin to analyse the pilot's performance in anywhere near the degree of detail that FSFS uses.

But - they do give you flying lessons, just like those you'd get from a real instructor.

Our pilots have found that both systems complement each other well.

Novices can learn the basics of how to taxi, take off and land using the Flight Simulator lessons and then start flying with FSFlyingSchool. The Flight Simulator lessons will take you all the way up to a commercial pilot's check-ride in a Boeing 737, which is tough enough for most folks.

At the same time, pilots can be honing their technique using FSFlyingSchool.

Many real world pilots have enjoyed using FSFlyingSchool! One who flies both the c152 and c172 in real life recently described flying with the related FSFS detail packs as "A magnificent training tool!"

Post #10661
Posted Monday, February 25, 2013 10:33:10 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thank you so much for getting back to me and being soo helpfull

all the best

Ben

Post #10667
Posted Monday, February 25, 2013 12:14:54 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Benny:

Many thanks - it's always our pleasure to help.

Post #10668
Posted Sunday, January 12, 2014 3:52:22 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:21:33 AM

1. I purchased FS Instant Help from FSPilotShop for $14.95
2. Downloaded it!
3. Downloaded FSUIPC4 ..successfully!

However, Once I'm "in the cockpit before launching FS Instant Help" as requested, the program immediately disconnects and tells me that it will work "outside of the DEMO area"

what am I missing here??

Help

...it appears as though I purchased a DEMO Version??? ...a purchased DEMO???? ...im sure you can help me clear this up
Post #11378
Posted Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:51:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

The seller will have sent you registration codes which must be copied and pasted into the credits screen of FS Instant Help in order to register your purchased ownership of the product.

This will take the program out of demo mode and you will be able to use it anywhere in the simulated world.

Post #11379
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:46am