Getting Started with FSX and Flying School idiots guide

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Getting Started with FSX and Flying School... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:49:46 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:22:33 PM
Hi Guys,
I really want to get going with FSX and to that end I purchased and installed the flying school. Does anyone have an idiots guide to getting all this going. What I am after I guess is a good aircraft to start out with and how to setup Flying school accordingly. what aspects of the flight should I concentrate on to begin. I guess take off. landing and gauges. I have the school manual but to be honest I dont see a quick start setup etc. Many thanks and kindest regards.
Post #10641
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:27:01 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

The main goal of FSFlyingSchool is to provide instructors who will fly with you anywhere in the world and evaluate your performance in over 70 different areas with fully recorded details.

As Flight Simulator itself comes with an extensive set of detailed lessons, we have not duplicated them, but rather have provided a much greater level of detail in the analysis of airmanship.

The problem with the Flight Simulator lessons is that they can only be performed in the location they are scripted for. They also make no attempt to record what the pilot did wrongly and do not begin to analyse the pilot's performance in anywhere near the degree of detail that FSFS uses.

But - they do give you flying lessons, just like those you'd get from a real instructor.

Our pilots have found that both systems complement each other well.

Novices can learn the basics of how to taxi, take off and land using the Flight Simulator lessons and then start flying with FSFlyingSchool. The Flight Simulator lessons will take you all the way up to a commercial pilot's check-ride in a Boeing 737, which is tough enough for most folks.

At the same time, pilots can be honing their technique using FSFlyingSchool.

Many real world pilots have enjoyed using FSFlyingSchool and have recently come to very much enjoy the new 'On Approach' feature which was introduced to FSFlyingSchool PRO in December 2011.

This feature allows the pilot to set up FSX to fly an approach to any (land based) runway in the world in seconds and real world pilots have found this useful and interesting.

The best part is that you can try out everything for free using the free demos of all our products.

I would recommend trying the free demo for FSX with the Cessna 172 as that will engage the 'c172 Detail Pack' which is built into FSFS PRO. The pack provides an extra level of instructor knowledge when flying the c172.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10642
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:31am