X-plane build 10.11 with FSFS V10 with C-172 (X-plane and Carenado version) at Chicago Meigs

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

X-plane build 10.11 with FSFS V10 with C-172... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:05:34 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, November 10, 2019 2:38:28 PM
Hello:
I just downloaded X-plane V-10 with the C-172 option and installed into 2 of my X-plane directories (release 10.11 (32 bit) and beta 32 and 64 bit) versions. Launched the 10.11 version up and running (no problem) and launched FSFS and it found the directory but when I hit connect it automatically disconnected on all 3 versions above....same problem. I made sure that under plugins on all 3 I had XPUIPC installed. I would like to purchase the software but only if I can get the current problem resolved (which is probably a operator issue but where?).
So to recap the following;
Aircraft: X-plane c-172Sp & Carenado c-172
XPUIPC are in all plugin folders
Settings are correct in FSFS are far as I can tell
Due you support 64 bit at the present time?
Thanks and hope this can be resolved
Roger
Post #10516
Posted Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:41:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi Roger:

Thanks for trying FSFS and for your feedback!

Glad you are using the demo - we certainly don't want you to buy something that does not work to your complete satisfaction.

From memory I cannot recall if Meigs Field is in the demo area - can you start at KORD instead please?

We do not support the 64 bit version at present - we of course hope to.

We do not support the beta version of any product.

But I am sure we can get you up and running with the non-beta XP10 32 bit.

Can you tell me what information is shown at the Log Book screen of FSFS when the disconnection occurs? FSFS will disconnect from XP for a number of reasons - it is intentional - FSFS has detected that there is something going on which is not right, or not supported, and the reason is always explained at the Log Book screen of FSFS.

Could you please try it with the non-beta XP10 32 bit and paste the text from the screen into a reply to this post?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10522
Posted Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:31:52 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Well after dickering around with my setup I found the error and its with the operator.........................didn't have the plugin in the correct place so now I'll but the software .............. at least thanks for the prompt reply.......
Appreciate It
Post #10532
Posted Friday, January 18, 2013 2:13:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Roger:

Glad to help!

Please make sure that you are completely happy with the functions of the software by using the demo before you buy. We are proud of our demo logic - we are not afraid to say that we think it is generous - (no time limit and demo region supports flights between major airports) and we want people to use it.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10535
Posted Monday, January 21, 2013 3:25:30 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Thanks for the purchased software and I installed it today but as above I get disconnected and I've checked my placement of XPUIPC but cannot locate the problem. I have attached a work document in the hopes that you can help.
Thanks,
Post #10556
Posted Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:08:52 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

Thanks for all the feedback data!

It indicates that the plane in use in XP is not one of the planes supported by the Cessna 172 Edition of FSFS - that is, it is not the XP c172 nor is it the Carenado 172. Which plane was it?

As to the XPUIPC files - the good news is that they are not involved in this kind of disconnection.

FSFS is working - sees a plane it cannot work with - and is disconnecting deliberately.

If you have another reason to suspect the XPUIPC installation, can you tell me the folder location of the XPUIPC files and their dates and times and file sizes as I regret that I cannot read them in the screen shots which are too blurred on my screen to read.

Post #10557
Posted Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:48:50 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

It indicates that the plane in use in XP is not one of the planes supported by the Cessna 172 Edition of FSFS - that is, it is not the XP c172 nor is it the Carenado 172. Which plane was it?
[b]I have tried both X-Plane and Carenado C-172 with no success

As to the XPUIPC files - the good news is that they are not involved in this kind of disconnection.

FSFS is working - sees a plane it cannot work with - and is disconnecting deliberately.

If you have another reason to suspect the XPUIPC installation, can you tell me the folder location of the XPUIPC files and their dates and times and file sizes as I regret that I cannot read them in the screen shots which are too blurred on my screen to read.
I have both folders (XPUIPC & XPWideClient under the main folder and they are in separate folders. Under plugins I have the following plugins: XPwidgets.dll, XPWIDECLIENT, XPWIDECLIENT>EXE, XPUIPCOffsets.cfg, XPUIPC.xpl, XPLM,
Hope that this helps
ROger
Post #10558
Posted Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:07:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Roger:

- Can you give me the full, exact names of the aircraft ( .ACF ) files for the aircraft you have tried please?

- Can you tell me the dates and times and file sizes of: XPUIPCOffsets.cfg and XPUIPC.xpl

- Which exact version of X-Plane are you running?

- Are you running any other add-ons at the same time?

The disconnection you have experienced is not a common problem. If we have enough data, I am sure we can get this solved.

Post #10559
Posted Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:17:45 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi Roger:

- Can you give me the full, exact names of the aircraft ( .ACF ) files for the aircraft you have tried please?
Carenado AFC version: 1004 version and X-plane version: 1.1.1

- Can you tell me the dates and times and file sizes of: XPUIPCOffsets.cfg and XPUIPC.xpl
I'm using the package labeled: 111128 which is a beta I believe but I do have 1.9.0 also

- Which exact version of X-Plane are you running?

- Are you running any other add-ons at the same time?
No

The disconnection you have experienced is not a common problem. If we have enough data, I am sure we can get this solved.
Let me know if I can provide any other information
Thanks for the help
Roger
Post #10560
Posted Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:28:04 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Roger:

Can you give me the full, exact names of the aircraft ( .ACF ) files for the aircraft you have tried please?

I need the names of the files as they appear in Windows Explorer or when you pick them in X-Plane.
For example: Airbus319.acf

In the plugins folder, we expect these 2 files...

XPUIPC.xpl Nov 27 2010 22:20 254 KB
XPUIPCOffsets.cfg Nov 14 2010 17:17 25 KB

Is that what you have there?

If they are not there you will find them in the FS FlyingSchool folder and will need to rename their equivalent files in the PLUGINS folder to a different name and then copy the 2 files from the FS FlyingSchool folder into the PLUGINS folder. They should have been installed there by FSFS but perhaps there was a fault.

Only then, start XP again and get into a plane and then finally start FSFS.

Final note - you mentioned a beta - please be sure not to use a beta of XPUIPC or of XP as they are not supported by FSFS, nor is the 64 bit version of XP. We hope to support the 64 bit version soon.

Please let me know how you get on!

Post #10561
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:21pm