Settings do not reset

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Settings do not reset Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:57:25 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:57:25 PM
I have played around quite a bit with the registered version, and I hae severe problems with the FSX default 747 400. First let me point out some items that can cause problems so we can eliminate them.

1) If the autopilot is on on a susequent try, it can cause severe climbing followed by stalling. Turn off the autopilot before unpausing.
2) After a first landing, the vertical trimming can be far from zero, causing severe climbing until it is corrected by autopilot or otherwise. You can set it to zero by hand on the pedestal.
3) If the autopilot is on GPS and you are trying to follow a glideslope, it will sometimes veer to the side. To follow an ILS glideslope, you need to put the GPS/NAV switch to NAV then press app on the autopilot.

Now the problems:
1) After a first try, on subsequent tries, the program does not set the plane values to what is indicated by the program, but the plane keeps the settings it had after it had landed or when the "connect" button was pressed, so speeds and altitudes can be way off, flaps down, wheels down etc, and especially extreme trimming (see 2 above) which can cause bad behavior (usually severe climbing and acceleration in the B747 case). The values set in the table should be the ones set in the plane, that is if I have set 220 knots in the table, the plane should start flying at 220 knots. And the trim should be zero, the wheels up and the flaps up.

2) Even if I set the autopilot off in the B747, the plane usually does not start in a stable situation and I have to struggle to get control.

It should not be too difficult to tell FSX to set the aircraft parameters to neutral values or to those indicated in the table. After all, FSX does it when one starts a flight in the air...

Henri
Post #10476
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:24am