Can I run FSFS from a differerant computer other than my fsx machine?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Can I run FSFS from a differerant computer... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:00:10 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 14, 2012 2:57:29 AM
I can run varis programs from another machine and interface them with FSX can i do the same with FSFS? And if I can how would I go about setting it up?
Post #10422
Posted Friday, December 14, 2012 2:33:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi:

Some folks have done this with WideFS by Peter Dowson, but the results are sometimes good and sometimes not.

I recommend that you always perform any testing with the free version of our software so you can be sure you get what you want before buying.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10424
Posted Friday, December 14, 2012 3:09:01 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, December 14, 2012 2:57:29 AM
Thank you, I already have purchased your software I have had it since February of this year.

It works great on my Fsx Machine, I am familiar with WideFS I use it for my IFR Project Magenta gauges.

I will give it a try today. The reason I want to try this is to free up any recourses for FSX.

Im running a I7 at 3.0 GHz with 12 gig ram  and 2- 560 ti cards, so im not sure if it would even matter.

Post #10425
Posted Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:58:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
With those specs I do not believe that you will benefit at all from running FSFS from a network machine. The load on the PC from using FSFS is not significant at all, and you should have plenty of surplus power with the PC you describe.

But if you do try it out, and it works fine, then please report back what you experience, in terms of improved memory/FPS, so others can benefit from your wisdom.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #10427
Posted Monday, December 17, 2012 1:01:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Well said Ole - thanks for helping, as always!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10430
Posted Friday, December 21, 2012 6:42:07 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, December 21, 2012 8:52:28 AM
Hi,

I saw this post and thought that I should share my experiences.

I am running a load of add-ons with my simulator (FSX) and most of those are on different computers. I do it this was as (a) I do not want any CPU cycles to be used by any other non-system processes other than FSX. I've build the PC specifically for FSX. (b) FSX does not handle task switching well, especially if you are running it in full screen, so keeping other apps on other PCs avoids having to switch tasks on the FSX machine.

Now, I am in IT so I literally have a load of servers running many Windows XP virtual machines (Running on VMware vSphere 5, and accessed via VMware View 5.1, using the PCoIP display protocol). These Windows XP virtual machines handle quite a number of add-ons, either through SimConnect or by using WideFS with FSUIPC. These add-ons include things such as ASE (weather), FSINN (VATSIM Client), Virtual Airline Clients, etc.

Today I installed FSFlyingSchool on a Windows XP virtual machine with WideFS and it actually works very well. The only issue I've picked up on today is that, for some reason with the Carenado C172, FSFlyingSchool keeps on issuing stall warnings when I'm doing 120kts. However, I've just flown in the default Cessna C172 and it worked fine, so I assume it something to do with the way Carenado is presenting airspeed variable. I'll have to look into it when I get some time.

So, yes, basically, if you have FSUIPC and the WideFS client configured correctly, you should have no technical trouble in running FSFlyingSchool on a different PC. However, whether you will be able to get support for FSFlyingSchool in this configuration if you run into issues, is another question.

Kind regards

Rynardt Spies
www.virtualvcp.com
Post #10454
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:03pm