FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

FSIA-Aircraft falls to ground-overspeeds-No... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 6:05:43 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:11:34 PM
I am a newbie here - and need some help - Gpappy737ngx- Hello to all fellow flight simmers.  Also I'm a newbie at using a fourm, and I hope I'm doing this right.

I can not find any instructions any place to tell you how to go about making a post the right way. So I'm doing it off the cuff.

First this is my Programs download information:  On 11-21-2012 - downloaded the registered copy of FS Instant Approach for FSX and FS 2004, version 1.6.0, also downloaded registered copy of FSUIPC Version 4.853, and installed same.

My Computer system information:  Motherboard-MSI, model NF980-G65 (ms-7612) - CPU - AMD Phnom (th) II x64 955 Processor - CPU-Socket AM3 (938) - Max CPU Speed: 3200 MHz.  RAM = 16GB.  Video Card - GALAXY - GeForce-Nvidia GT610. - 2 GB Frame Buffer

Problem Information: As per instructions I open the FSX program first. I'm using the PMDG 737NGX aircraft - on setup I do NOT ENGAGE the Autopilot, Autothrottle, or the Flight director.  The only settings I make are to the Flaps, Landing grar down, and Adj. the heading. - - - At this time I open the FSIA program, and click on the Flight Plan section button - I make my ICAO settings for the approach airport, ect. - Then push the Connect button - The FSIA program opens the selected ICAO with Splash screen on top with the Disconnect button showing. I then use the (-) minimize button to close the FSIA screen. I use the ALT+TAB key to start the program.

The FSIA program works Perfect with the following ICAO's: - KSAN - KLAX - KONT - KSFO - KNLY - KPDX - and KSEA.

NOW COMES THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING - In the following ICAO's: - KORD - KGRB - KJFK - KTVC - KDEN and other ICAO's.  As soon as you press the ALT+TAB and start the approach the aircraft goes completely out of control and immediately dose a nose dive to the ground, the ENG. speed indicators go red, and the eng. goes to 110%.  There is not any control  at all, not even on the keyboard - I have to open the Task Manger to close out the FSIA and the FSX to regain any control of the computer.

I know some one eles must of had this problem - I do hope I have explained the problem good enought to get some help.  Thank You Respectfully Gpappy737ngx

Gpappy Lee

Post #10377
Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:58:38 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, December 03, 2012 4:02:11 PM
I only downloaded the demo. But I got the same problem. When I release the pause button after connection  the plane starts in a steep dive right away. I only can test it with KORD and KGRB. I cannot control the speed. The 'knots' field is not activated. I am flying with FS2004 and PMDG Boeing 737. 

Post #10380
Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:50:16 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi GP:

Sorry to hear about the problem - and thanks for all the data - excellent reporting!

There should be no difference between the airports, unless the autopilot was involved, but you stated that it was off. If it was on, we get into a whole mess of whether it was in approach mode tracking some ILS, etc.

I would expect that the difference between some airports working fine and others not must be related to what the plane was doing and how it was configured immediately before "connect" was pressed in FSIA each time to start the approach.

For example, if the plane was on the ground, or not, or the engines were on, or not, etc.

The key issue is likely to be the aircraft. We cannot test the software against every add-on - this is why we offer a free demo so that the pilot can be absolutely certain that the required performance is achieved before making a purchase.

Having said that, plenty of pilots have reported success with high-end purchased planes when used with FSIA.

If mixed results are occurring with a plane, one method that has merit is to get the plane ready and then save the situation to a file (save the fight) in FS and only then press connect in FSIA. If all goes well, you know you have a good situation and configuration on your plane which is suited to then being placed on approach with FSIA. Next time - load the saved flight and then fly the approach.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10381
Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:56:15 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi HH:

We are unable to set the speed in FS2004 due to a technical difference between FSX and FS2004.

This is stated in the free manual which comes with the free download.

But - the good news is that there is a way to control it - if you first put your airplane in FS2004 in a situation (anywhere in the world - it does not matter) where it is flying at the speed you want, and then use FSIA to set up the approach, it will start out flying at the speed you set previously.

Better still - get your plane flying at the speed you want and then save the flight. That way you have it ready every time you want to set up and approach with FSIA with FS2004.

That will solve the speed issue.

We must also keep in mind that, as I mentioned, we cannot test the software against every add-on - this is why we offer a free demo so that the pilot can be absolutely certain that the required performance is achieved before making a purchase.

Having said that, plenty of pilots have reported success with high-end purchased planes when used with FSIA.

Please let me know how you get on.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10382
Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:52:37 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, December 03, 2012 4:02:11 PM
Hi leader, thank you for your quick response. I just did what you advised. set altitude and speed and saved the file. When I connect now it is working fine. So time to buy. Thanks again.
Post #10383
Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:49:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi HH:

You are most welcome!

Is it working fine in FS2004 with the PMDG B737? I'd like to know as that would help folks visiting the forum.

If I recall - others have said that it is no problem in FS2004.

I cannot immediately recall how many folks have reported using FSIA with the PMDG B737 in FSX although of course Gpappy737ngx has right here on this thread - with some success in FSX.

Post #10384
Posted Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:11:34 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:11:34 PM
Gpappy737ngx here - I have been trying to make a reply to the requested information you wanted for an hour now and I keep getting this crap The board administrator has requested that you must provide some message content within your post. You cannot post only HTML, Images, EmotIcons or IFCode.

I have used the fourm section on reply to post - no copy past - I gest it just my carma I let myself get lead into buying a pice of crap and get no information on how to do things in your fourm to make a proper post - I hope You put some instructions on you sight on how to do things to help other - some of us old foks need instructions to follow - and maybe we would not get so much of this crap.

The board administrator has requested that you must provide some message content within your post. You cannot post only HTML, Images, EmotIcons or IFCode.

Gpappy Lee

Post #10390
Posted Friday, November 30, 2012 6:36:14 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi GP:

>> " I let myself get lead into buying a pice of crap "

If you are unhappy with the product, for which we have provided assistance, please contact the seller.

For reference - regarding "crap" - FS Instant Approach has sold in the 100s since its release earlier this year and is used by professional builders of flight simulation hardware who create FAA approved equipment.

It spent considerable time as the best selling product of any kind on FSPlotShop.com and is enjoyed by 100s of both real and simulator pilots all over the world.

Post #10393
Posted Friday, November 30, 2012 11:24:13 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:44:15 AM
Good point, Squadron Leader!

This is one of the best, most useful programs I have for FSX! It worked perfectly well from the day I downloaded it and I use it all the time, without a single glitch. I'm concerned a bit about some of the people who complain the most on this forum--I hope they are not 'real' pilots if they can't follow simple instructions.
You have gone to great lengths to correct problems that you didn't even create. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Post #10396
Posted Saturday, December 01, 2012 3:20:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi MDJ:

Many thanks for your kind words - always, always appreciated.

I don't appreciate it when a user of our software writes it off as "crap". I think the good folks at PC Pilot Magazine are better qualified to assess its merit, and they've given us 4 Classic Product Awards.

The latest rating we got from their review was the best we have ever achieved... 95%.

Plus - most folks get support questions answered within 24 hours by a developer (programmer) of the product itself.

The problem, so often, is that the user has not even looked at the manual and could save themselves a mountain of time and frustration if they had.

And I agree with your point about real pilots and following instructions! How may pilots would jump into an unfamiliar aircraft, grab the checklists, toss them out of the window, and fire that sucker up...?

Post #10397
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:51am