Failures occur even when box not checked

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Failures occur even when box not checked Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, September 08, 2012 12:02:18 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:39:05 PM
I have used FSFSPro with FSX for some time and really enjoy using it especially the "voice" function which I find works very well.

I have just bought P3D and FSFS for P3D and set both up successfully, but for some reason when I go for a flight with FSFS active, after a few minutes I hear a bang and am told I have lost an engine and then a number of other failures start happening.

This usually happens just after I have asked "where's the airport", although I expect that is a coincidence.

I have the "failures" box unchecked, as I did with the FSX version, so I am not sure why this is happening.

I am not  a good enough pilot to cope with the aircraft falling apart under me, so any help would be appreciated!

John

Post #10160
Posted Sunday, September 09, 2012 2:52:20 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi John:

Thanks for your interest in FSFS and for your several purchases.

I am glad to read that you are enjoying flying with us and talking to your instructors!

I understand what you have described from your very clear report - thanks for the clarity.

I believe I can see what the situation is.

FSFS Pro for FSX contains several features that are not yet part of FSFS Pro for P3D. They soon will be and we look forward to introducing features into the P3D version that are simply not possible in FSX as the P3D version is enhanced by Lockheed.

But... this applies in this case to

1. The ability to prevent "bird strikes" by turning off "failures" was only recently added to the FSX version. (This prevents a bird strike occurring unintentionally due to something the pilot said or background noise). The "bird strike" is the simulated event that causes the loud bang and all the failures.

2. "Where's the airport?" is not yet part of the Voice Pack for P3D. Neither is "Airport 'x' o'clock?". There are two recently added commands that will soon be added to the P3D version.

It is easy to keep track of what works in each program by simply consulting the manual for FSFS Pro and also for the Voice Pack that comes with each product. You will see that the manuals are different is several places.

So... I advise you not to speak either of the 2 commands that are not yet supported with P3D - this may completely solve the threat of the words being interpreted as "Birds ahead of us!".

Of course there are 1000s of pilots out there using the Voice Pack who do not have this problem, but 2 or 3 folks have reported this and I can only imagine that the main problem is background noise or perhaps a heavy non-English accent or other unusual speech pattern - in the end the speech recognition is being done by Windows - FSFS is just reacting to whatever Windows tells it has been said.

When a new version of FSFS Pro for P3D or FSFS Voice Pack for P3D is published, it will of course be announced on the forum and by a mailer.

I hope this helps!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10161
Posted Sunday, September 09, 2012 3:20:30 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:39:05 PM
Hi SL,

Thank you for your very helpful reply.What you say makes sense and of course I should have read the different manual for the voice pack for P3D before I started finding anomalies.

I actually had made up a laminate of the voice commands for FSX and just tried to use that...wrong approach!

I will now make sure I don't confuse the poor instructor by using commands he can't yet understand.

I must congratulate you on this latest version of FSFS for FSX and P3D, it really does give another dimension to simulator flying.

I like to use it not so much of an instruction tool but more of just a bit of company that can check navigation, monitor failures etc. Great stuff, well done!

Thanks again,

John

(by the way,if you remember last week I couldn't get the reg. info? That was because my spam folder had decided to delete all spam on receipt rather than put into the spam folder, so all the emails were being deleted before I saw them, hence the problem.

Probably user error again, no doubt)

Post #10162
Posted Monday, September 10, 2012 1:52:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi John:

Good to hear you are doing well with FSFS!

Ah yes - Spam blockers and antivirus are essential tools of the information age, but by golly, they can sure create problems too!

In the end they are tools of course and, as with all tools, must be used wisely.

The trouble is that half the time, we, the poor end users, don't even know what is being automatically blocked "for our convenience"!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10169
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:38am