FSFS 2010 "connect" button grayed out

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFS 2010 "connect" button grayed out Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:23:33 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Excellent news!

>> My firewall had all the FSFlyingSchool_2010_Setup.exe and the FSFSRWYS.exe files allowed except this one on top of those I just mentioned. It didn't look like a FSFS file, but I took a chance and allowed it anyway and voila, it now works!

Great that you have it working - I am not entirely clear on what file was being blocked. Can you let me know? This is very useful information for everyone in the hobby.

Also - what is the name of your firewall?

Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Now - as to your flight - this sounds like an easy one to answer.

Ah ha! Ole answered this before me! Boy that guy doesn't hang around...

Oh well - here's my version...

FSFS has options, which you can turn off, which automatically detect when you are landing. If you begin a descent of several seconds while in 'cruise mode' then FSFS will deduce that you are landing. The important thing is that you can turn this off at

FSFS Pilots screen... Automatic Detection Setup... Landing Mode

Seasoned pilots prefer to turn this off so that they have complete control over when this change is indicated to the instructor.

If you have the FSFS2010 Voice Command Pack, you can even say "Prepare for landing!" and the instructor will take that as the cue that you are about to land (beginning your descent to landing).

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7339
Posted Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:05:27 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:21:19 PM
Ah yes...thank you Ole. I see where to uncheck the cruise and landing mode in the "Pilots" tab.

Thanks everyone for your help! (Still waiting for my TrackIR to arrive in the mail)
Post #7347
Posted Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:21:06 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thank you, SquadronLeader!

Great that you have it working - I am not entirely clear on what file was being blocked. Can you let me know? This is very useful information for everyone in the hobby.

Yup, stupid me. I knew I should have written down the name of the file, but did not. Like I said, it did not look like an FSFS file, but it was the only file not allowed and sitting on top of the very recognizable FSFlyschool files. It may have moved. I'll take a more in depth look to see if I recognize the file for you.

The firewall I use is Online Armor.

That Voice Command Pack looks great! Look forward to this and any other great products you guys come up with!

Cheers!
Post #7348
Posted Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:53:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Thanks again for the information and I hope you have fun with Track IR - I am sure you will!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #7370
Posted Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:17:09 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hello once again.

You didn't think you'd get rid of me this quickly, did you?

I have another problem with the instructor where I cannot find where to rectify this particular annoyance.

When I reach the desired altitude after takeoff, and if I should ever descend even a little bit, the instructor repeats, "You don't want to be descending during taking off", and " You don't want to lose altitude during take off" or something to that effect, during the entire flight. Even when preparing for approach at the destination airport! Where on FSFS do I correct this?
Post #7384
Posted Friday, May 28, 2010 2:09:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

No problem here - you need to keep your instructor in the loop - you need to let him know what you are up to.

In FSFS this is called "Flight Modes" and is described in great detail in the manual.

Basically you press a key to let the instructor know that you are ready to take off, and then later when you are cruising (take off is over), when you are getting ready to land, etc...

You can optionally have some if this automated, but you have a lot more control if it is not.

Look for Flight Modes in the manual.

Post #7387
Posted Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:22:51 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Okay thank you, SquadronLeader.

I think I've got it all now, thanks. Well, hopefully anyway.
Post #7406
Posted Sunday, May 30, 2010 4:25:42 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

If you have any problems or questions - come back here. Use the "search" link here for fast answers - it's a great way to look through all the experiences folks have been having with FSFS over the past 3 years.

If you don't find what you want there, post a question and you'll be likely to have an answer, usually from a developer, within 24 hours.

Post #7412
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:05pm