May 2009 Hawaiian Tour Braggin' Post

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

May 2009 Hawaiian Tour Braggin' Post Expand / Collapse
Author

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 18, 2014 11:49:19 AM

May 17,  Leg 12 PHNY to JHM

Visibility: 15 Miles                 Wind: 8 Knots

Departure: Rwy 21              Arrival: Rwy 02

Flight time: 24 mins. 30 secs.

When I woke up this morning it looked grey outside. I thought it should be cleared up soon. I started early on the airport to inspect my plane. This flight goes to JHM (Kapalua-West). It was a bit windy too.

Leaving Rwy 21 PHNY...                                            ...and getting on course to JHM

Bye bye Lanai City                                               and then...RAIN (see raindrops on window)

Rain and not much sight                                                 Approaching Rwy 02 JHM

On final...                                                             ...and touchdown (still raining)

I was thinking Hawaii has always nice weather, and here I am, standing in the rain!

The flight was good, on landing again a little ballooning (must do something abaout that) and to far from touchdown target point (338 feet). That needs practice indeed. But for now, I'm content.

Bye the way, I've not seen the other compatitors for a while! I hope they are nor crashed somewhere?

Lot of succes on your flights, buddies,

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64
FSX de Luxe SP2, Flyingschool2010, Flightsim Commander

Post #4057
Posted Sunday, May 17, 2009 1:06:59 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

May 17,  Leg 13 JHM to PHOG

Visibility: 9 Miles                   Wind: 4 Knots

Departure: Rwy 02              Arrival: Rwy 02 ILS

Flight time: 22 mins. 37 secs

Because of the bad weather (raining) I decide not to stay in Kapalua-West. After a little discussion with the autorities on the airport, I could get my fuel, and prepared for the next flight. Departing from Rwy 02 w'll go heading to PHOG.

Leaving JHM                                                              Very nice mountains

Approaching Rwy 02 PHOG, they have fabrics here...

The flight wend well, it has become dry and the landing wend well too. Only now I seemed a little to fast. Oh boy, it's difficult to do a perfect landing...

Do we meet eachother here for a little party, or what?  

See you,

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64
Post #4058
Posted Sunday, May 17, 2009 1:24:41 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

May 17,  Leg 14 PHOG to PHHN

Visibility: 7 Miles                   Wind: 3 Knots

Departure: Rwy 20              Arrival: Rwy 26

Flight time: 28 mins. 05 secs.

Because I was well on time I did the third flight today. I was declared from Rwy 20 on PHOG. When I arrived on the airport I was a little suprised. There were no Boeings in this competition, right? But there were 2 Boeings on the parking place. Hey, are some of you cheeting?

2 Boeings on parking place....                                            ....and ready to go                                     

Passing PHHN                                                         See you in a short time guys

I was glad with the warning from JoeMini that landing on Rwy 08 was impossible because of trees. So I did not try this at all and landed on Rwy 26.

It was a smooth flight, but on landing a little ballooning again. Also still to far grom Mark, 200 feet.

Practice, practice and practice again, Jacob.

By the way, I see in the left column of the forum, that I'm a Flyingschool Captain now.

I expect that Jeff send me the Certificate for this? So I can show it my manager for payrise, right?

Happy flying,

Kindly regards,

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64

Post #4059
Posted Monday, May 18, 2009 12:34:59 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

May 18,  Leg 15 PHHN to PHUP

Visibility: 79.05 Miles             Wind: 5 Knots at 330 

Departure: Rwy 08              Arrival: Rwy 07

Flight time: 23 mins. 05 secs.

Today we're flying from PHHN to PHUP (Upolu). The weather was fine, a few clouds and wind about 6 knots. I departed from Rwy 08 at 17.15 local time.

Leaving PHHN                                                                  On route...

...leaving island Maui in the clouds                                                 PHUP (Upolu) in sight

Landing at Rwy 07

It was a good flight, although the landing could still be better. I can't seem to get those well. I'm not happy about it.

So you guys, you can do better than me, hit the scores

Lot of succes,

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64
Post #4070
Posted Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:57:38 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

May 21, Leg 16 PHUP to PHMU

Visibility: 23.96 Miles Wind: 0 Knots
Departure: Rwy 07 Arrival: Rwy 04
Flight time: 15 mins. 41 secs.

Today I did two flights. This one I started at 16.45 at Rwy 07 PHUP. The weather was fine.

Seems that I can't insert images from disc with IE 8, which I installed today.

So I have to find another way.
Sorry you have to wait some time.

Regards,

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64
Post #4088
Posted Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:02:12 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

May 21, Leg 17 PHMU to HI13

Visibility: 150.30 Miles Wind: 2 Knots
Departure: Rwy 04 Arrival: Rwy 20
Flight time: 12 mins. 08 secs.

This second flight I started at 17:50 from Rwy 04 PHMU. Then ahead to HI13. The weather was fine, so it should be a smooth flight.

Screenshots have been made. Searching method to post them.

Regards,

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64
Post #4089
Posted Thursday, May 21, 2009 2:17:55 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Ok guys.

A small sample of screenshots from my Hawaiian flights so far. I post these in no particular order, so its just pics from Hawaii.....

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #4092
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:52pm