World Wide Tour - Destinations

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««1234»»

World Wide Tour - Destinations Expand / Collapse
Author

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Ole,

I would like to "propose" a couple changes to the mandatory stops.  I was wanting to change the following changes to a couple places:

Finland - Malma EFHF to Vantoa EFHK
Madrid - From Getafe AB to Madrid-Barajas Intl (LEMD)
Madadascar - From FMMA to FMMI Antananarivo
Uzekistan- From UT63 to UTTT Tashkent Yuzhny
New Zealand - From Wellington NZWN to Auckland NZAA

I didn't know if our idea was to make a landing in that city or a particular airport.  These changes are really just a larger airports for runways, AI traffic, and scenery I'm hoping.

Joe

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #1641
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 5:02:04 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Jeez Joe! Never satisfied huh?

No of course you can have your changes. No problem. I hope that we will still have a few minor airports though, so not everyone is a big place. The small airports are quite cozy you know.

I will make the necessary changes in the posts Saturday.

btw. Did you see the proposal I made in the World Wide Tour (WWT) thread, to newcomers who would like to participate, but do not have time to do 8 months of flying... Hope you agree.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1643
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 5:25:50 PM

Ole,

oleandreasen (7/25/2008)
Jeez Joe! Never satisfied huh?

I'm actually still flying to most of those still even though I'm having them changed to a larger airport for the mandatory ones.  I was just on a couple of them, I betting I'll be in a larger plane for time reasons and I thought it would be better to have a larger International airport.  I thought some of them might have meaning to you?

No of course you can have your changes. No problem. I hope that we will still have a few minor airports though, so not everyone is a big place. The small airports are quite cozy you know.

I'm going to do a bunch of those "dangerous" ones on that website.  Some of the one's at huge elevation will be a trip!

I will make the necessary changes in the posts Saturday.

btw. Did you see the proposal I made in the World Wide Tour (WWT) thread, to newcomers who would like to participate, but do not have time to do 8 months of flying... Hope you agree.

Yes I did see it.  I was leaving for home when I read it, and then I took Jr. to see The Dark Knight at the movies.

I think if those want to cut it down short, they should at least make "X" number of stops to be in the running, but that's ok by me.  I'm still going for the whole enchilada.  The only thing is they'll be waiting a long time for us to finish!   My abitious list is growing daily.

Joe Mini

Post #1644
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 5:39:01 PM

Excellent. say - could you mail me your list of airports? I would like to see just how crazy it has become...

I´m very stubborn. I cling to my decision about flying the whole thing in the ´350. I wanna keep it fairly real, and that means sticking to the plane I started out in. Simple as that.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1645
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 5:56:20 PM

I'm working on it all this evening....I'll send it to you soon!

Please note the change for Madrid yet again.....sheez.  Shoot me...go for it!

To be honest with you....I'm going to go between 3 planes more than likely.  Because of my huge list, I will have plenty of opportunity to land all of them and get scores for all of them.  There is just some routes I don't think I could stand to be flying that long.   It will depend a lot on how the practicing goes with FSFS, but right now if I had to pick planes it would be the Baron, CRJ700, and B737.  I may even throw in the 747 occasionally for the exceptionally long trips and take my chances with landings.

A lot of my extra stops are potentially good scenery, WOAI traffic, and mainly just breaking up the long flights.

Back to planning!

Joe Mini

Post #1646
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 6:03:06 PM

JoeMini (7/25/2008)
I'm working on it all this evening....I'll send it to you soon!

Please note the change for Madrid yet again.....sheez. Shoot me...go for it!

Bugger! Will do, certainly.

To be honest with you....I'm going to go between 3 planes more than likely. Because of my huge list, I will have plenty of opportunity to land all of them and get scores for all of them. There is just some routes I don't think I could stand to be flying that long. It will depend a lot on how the practicing goes with FSFS, but right now if I had to pick planes it would be the Baron, CRJ700, and B737. I may even throw in the 747 occasionally for the exceptionally long trips and take my chances with landings.

OK - It´s just that if I was ever able to go on a world wide tour - for real, I wouldn´t have three planes. It would be one plane, and that is why I want to do it in one plane only. Same reason why I go for real time weather, and actual time of day and -season. And why I will use Autopilot for the long stretches. No one in their right mind, would fly that long by hand, and so... although it will cost me points.

A lot of my extra stops are potentially good scenery, WOAI traffic, and mainly just breaking up the long flights.

Look forward to seeing your final list - how many airports will you have in the end?

Back to planning!

Good planning.

And remember, it is not long until August 1. Have you made any voicefiles?

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1647
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 6:09:21 PM

Oh sheez....too many but right now it's close to 300! 

No voice files yet...one thing at a time!

Well, I admire you on your quest for one and one plane only!  But that's why this is a simulator and we can have multiple planes at our luxury to use!

Man, what time is it there?  You are up late eh?

Joe Mini

Post #1648
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 6:11:59 PM

3.10 AM

And you?

That´s why it´s a simulator!!!
Well In a simulator you try to simulate the real world as close as possible.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1649
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 6:23:24 PM

When do you sleep?  Or do you?

Joe Mini

Post #1650
Posted Friday, July 25, 2008 6:28:04 PM

JoeMini (7/25/2008)
When do you sleep? Or do you?

Well Joe. I grab a little here and there. I´ve a 6 months old son, and he gets me up, even if I tuck in, late. Guess I´ll just have to catch up when I get old.

But Now I´m wasted, so I´m off.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1651
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««1234»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:41am