Loading Times + A couple Of Other Bits

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Loading Times + A couple Of Other Bits Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 09, 2013 1:55:29 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 18, 2014 7:01:46 AM
Hiya

I bought FSIA last night as a bit of an impulse buy tbh
I didn't bother with the demo as I had seen enough good reviews.

First thing I have noticed is the load time from hitting Connect. I would say it is taking appx 3 minutes to load an Approach, sometimes longer. If I was to load the same airport but on the runway in FSX, it would take less than 30 seconds. I don't have the fastest PC, but FSIA is very much slower than FSX.
Is there anything I can do to speed this up?

Next point, when starting an approach on base leg, is it my imagination or does it start you too close to the airport, I.E not enough time to turn say a 737 round to get on the runway heading without over running and having to correct.

That might be standard as I am no pilot. Its perfect for a Cessna, but a jet?

I think this software would be even better if you could start it with the AutoPilot on as as far as I can see, you have to pause the sim and set it all up unless i am missing something?

Thanks for your help

Paul
Post #11076
Posted Monday, September 09, 2013 2:43:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Paul:

Thanks for your interest in FSIA!

We've not had a lot of reports of things taking markedly longer to load an approach with FSIA as compared to loading an airport with FSX when the situations are like for like - that is, that the scenery has not already been loaded previously into FSX (which would tend to speed up subsequent loads). I cannot recommend much except to ask if you have a lot of AI traffic or perhaps a lot of complex scenery?

FSIA PRO does not specifically feature an approach on the base leg, although you can indeed create one, in effect, by starting your approach at 90 degrees to the final leg. I imagine this is what you are describing?

Or perhaps you are describing starting on the DOWNWIND approach, which is supported, and finding that your BASE leg is too short?

Regardless, all distances in FSIA PRO can be set by the user - there are options for this right on the screen of FSIA PRO where you set up your approach.

If they are left at AUTO then FSIA PRO will compute the distance based on your airspeed, but you can of course set them to be whatever you like.

As to having FSIA set the autopilot, or flight director, or autothrottle, etc - as these are all things that the pilot can do in FSX before starting the approach we have not concentrated on them.

Rather, our focus is upon setting up the things that require research (such as ILS frequencies), computation (such as wind direction and aircraft altitude), yawing (to put the plane in the right place) and that require configuration in several different FSX menu screens, such as time of day, wind, gusts, visibility, runway, etc.

Please let me know how you get on!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11077
Posted Monday, September 09, 2013 2:59:07 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Nice quick reply, great service :-)

I will have a look tonight at what you are saying. Maybe it isnt base leg, its when the plane has the airport directly to its Left or Right and you are fling the same heading then you do a 180 degree turn to get on the ILS.
I could not see where you could set the distance from airport in that regards ? It must be there as you say it is lol

I will get back to you

Thanks again for the prompt response

Paul
Post #11078
Posted Monday, September 09, 2013 3:19:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Paul:

Glad to help.

Ah ha! So you are flying the downwind leg and finding the base leg too short.

Just set the base leg from the drop down list in the program - you determine the number of nautical miles you want to fly.

Please let me know how it goes.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #11079
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32:23 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hiya

Just a little update

Had a bit more time to play last night and all was great.
It gave me plenty of turning time when set up correctly as you suggested.

The loading times seemed much better last, whether it was a reboot or the fact I had FSX in windowed mode I don't know, but I was very happy with it all last night :-)

One thing that catches me out everytime is the fact it defaults to 100 Knots, anyway to change that as 100 knots is not fast enough for a 747 lol

Thanks again

Paul
Post #11080
Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:20:16 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Paul:

Good hear all working so well.

Yes - the default is 100 Kts but once you change that for your first approach, it will remain set at whatever you chose for subsequent approaches.

We are working on enhancements to the system and some of the things we are looking at are options to preserve your favourite settings!

Post #11081
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:22pm