Runway assignments

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Runway assignments Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 09, 2012 8:40:31 AM
An example when I fly from my base airport KBDL to KEWR I enter KEWR in the Flight Plan for FS Instant Approach and it tells me to fly approach to runway 4L. As I approach the airport ATC tells me to use runway 4R but I do not enter that into my flight program. I continue to fly my approach to runway 4L but the tower and ATC continue to tell me to use 4R. I m now landing on the wrong runway then the one ATC and the tower told me to use.

I am flying against the orders of ATC and the tower. I am not sure how FS Instant Approach is operatring or if it is even working. If I were to enter runway 4L into the ATC control I would have gone into 4R and not 4L as FS instructed me.

If flying the opposite way FS tells me to fly into runway 6 at KBDL and ATC also tells me to use runway 6 therefore I have no problem and I land at runway 6.How do I know if the FS Instant Approach program is actually working?

Thanks, Ralph

Post #9943
Posted Monday, July 09, 2012 3:45:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

I see what you are saying - the issue is that FS Instant Approach's function is to put your plane on approach to the runway so that you can practice landings.

FS Instant Approach is not a program that would be used while flying a longer flight. It is for practicing approaches and landings.

When you press connect in FS Instant Approach the plane is instantly moved to the approach location you have specified.

As for ATC, that is entirely your choice. If you want ATC to agree with your choice, you need to pick a runway that ATC will agree with. FS Instant Approach puts you on approach to the runway which you, as the pilot, selected.

This is all explained in the manual.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9944
Posted Monday, July 09, 2012 8:43:22 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 09, 2012 8:40:31 AM
Thank you I now understand how it operates.

Ralph

Post #9945
Posted Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:00:07 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

I hope you have fun with your approaches - be sure to try the random approaches too - you never know where in the world you'll be landing - makes for a great lunchtime challenge!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9946
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:04am