Another Fix for Error Code 380

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Another Fix for Error Code 380 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:35:42 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:13:23 PM
Hi all,

I had need to fire up FS Flying School 2011 to practice some circuits in a new plane, but had the dreaded Error 380 continue to plague me. I readthe helpful post here http://www.fsflyingschool.com/forum/Topic9168-5-1.aspx?Highlight=error+380 but to no avail. I left it for weeks until it bugged me more.

I knew that the problem was running FS Flying School with disconnecting the USB headseats I was using without changing the settings similar to the original post, however the solution was not forthcoming by altering the assignments in the sound menus.

I opened SoundCard.dat which should be found whereever you installed the program and changed the value from 4 to 1. knowing that I only had two audio playback devices in use (at one stage I had 5) this tricked the program into thinking that I'd changed the setting and was then able to open FS Flying School and save the new setting.

I hope this fix may be of benifit if you cannot load due to Error 380 and have changed the sound settings or hardware on your PC like I did. Thanks for "oleandreasen" for the point in the right direction.

Now, time for preflight and some more training. 

Daniel 

Post #9545
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:54:01 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
Great news!

And thanks to Ole too!
Post #9553
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:35am