Having a LOT of trouble with voice recognition - Random Bird Strikes

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Having a LOT of trouble with voice... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, December 10, 2010 2:46:57 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 10, 2010 5:51:25 PM
When I first installed voice recognition about a month ago it worked perfectly for about two weeks, However, now, with no change to anything, it has become a monster. It creates a random bird strike and destroys my flying experience as I am taxiing to the runway - EVERY TIME - not just sometimes, every time. I upgraded to FSFS 2011 but the behavior is the same.

If the microphone is off then it doesn't happen - so obviously the microphone is picking up random noise and interpreting it as a request for a bird strike. Even if I have my speakers completely turned off it still happens. My current theory is that it may be picking up the soft sounds from my joystick although I have no idea why this just started to happen.

Windows voice recognition on my computer has been well trained - it can correctly type every FSFS command into Notepad.

Since a bird strike is a fatal event (the engine fire cannot be stopped by using the engine fire checklist) it should be VERY difficult to trigger - but apparently it is very easy to trigger by very soft random noise - why?.

I have now stopped using FSFS - which I originally thought was an excellent and fun program.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken
Post #8292
Posted Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:49:13 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the voice command pack, however, have you tried the "Key - Controlled by FSFS Mic Key [5]" option? That way FSFlyingSchool only listens for a voice command once you've pressed "5".
Post #8295
Posted Saturday, December 11, 2010 4:51:54 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:09:25 AM
Ken:

I have an idea which I will communicate to you privately by email.

For the general reference of others - please note that FSFlyingSchool can be used with the Voice Command Pack turned off - it is an option and not in any way necessary.

Faults found are usually due to user operation, PC and software configuration or faulty equipment.

Please also note that Ken's experience is very unusual - thousands of users are enjoying the Voice Command Pack.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #8296
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:04am