I can't advance flight mode

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

I can't advance flight mode Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:39:30 PM
FSFlyingSchool First Officer

FSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First OfficerFSFlyingSchool First Officer

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Monday, November 05, 2018 9:53:27 AM
I have installed FSFS 2009 on my Win 7 64bit computer. I notice that I can't advance (or back) the flight mode in FSX. Neither CTRL SHIFT Z (X) or CTRL SHIFT 1 (2) makes FSFS react in FSX. And Yes I have FSUIPC installed. In FS9 this works fine for me but not in FSX.
Post #6465
Posted Tuesday, January 05, 2010 5:01:55 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, May 20, 2012 7:00:52 AM
I have had that problem since I first purchased and installed FSFS2009 and now the same in FSFS2010. Sometimes it works...and sometimes it don't. It's a crap-shoot for me. I have tried everything for the past two years or so to no avail.

And now I get an error 380 message at startup and I cannot even open the program.

Post #6566
Posted Thursday, February 04, 2010 3:58:10 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi folks -

The issue with keystrokes will occur if the pilot launches FSFS before getting into the cockpit of the plane in FSX.

This is unlikely to be an issue in FS2004.

Keystrokes are processed differently in FSX and so it is essential to get into the cockpit of the plane in FSX before starting the FSFS program at all.

FSFS must not be running on your PC before getting into the cockpit of the plane in FSX.

Once in the cockpit, start the FSFS program and then finally press the connect button in FSFS.

Please let us know how you (both) get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6778
Posted Thursday, February 04, 2010 4:01:59 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Regarding the Error 380 message -

The error in question is a very rare occurrence - we can find 1 other customer who has reported it and FSFS has sold to several thousands of customers over the past 3 years.

FSFS, FSFS2009 and FSFS2010 are running fine with Win 7, Vista, and XP with FSX and FS2004 all over the world.

The really interesting thing is that this should appear as a problem on your PC with FSFS2010, which is using the same core technology as the FSFS and FSFS2009 which preceded it.

The error relates to a Windows control and various technical subtleties that go with it, but we think we can solve the problem by the installation of a more recent version of a Microsoft file on your PC.

Clearly your PC is not the same as everyone else's and this is true for most people - there is always something subtly different. We have to determine what the difference may be and go from there.

We hope to have a suggestion for you very soon (we are consulting with the eggheads).

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6779
Posted Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:14:45 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, January 31, 2014 5:53:41 AM
I would like to add about the flight mode not responding to the keystrokes...i have recently bought FSFS and it did this with me, as squadron leader says connect after your in the cockpit and it works...

@ squadron leader but when i ran in demo mode you could connect FSFS before clicking "fly now" and the keystrokes did work...to me this seems to be a discrepancy between the demo and registered or v3.1 and 3.3. As i ran the demo v3.1 and use v3.3 when i registered. Just some thoughts on potential bugs.

Post #7358
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:24pm