im using custom scenery

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

im using custom scenery Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, January 08, 2015 1:05:28 PM
the problem i was at a non ils airport coming in to land and the instructor was saying i was too high but in reality i was to low kcls is the airport. is it the custom scenery ?? the runway has landing lights to show if i was too high or too low and all red means too low right?? well that is what the lights were showing me. most of the time to be on the approach you would have 2 red lights and 2 white lights. i ran the airport thing not sure what it was called but it found all the airports in fsx
Post #6947
Posted Monday, March 15, 2010 2:45:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Yes - all red means too low for sure.

There are a number of causes that could be at play here.

Firstly of course, if you are doing a non ILS approach, you need to have filed a flight plan to that specific runway.

Secondly - this is easily missed - you must be certain that you have no ILS signal - in FSFS that always has precedence as explained in the manual.

By default, the runway data creation process in FSFS assigns a glideslope of 3 degrees to all runways as this is by far the most common. But - not all runways have a 3 degree GS. You can change this (customize it) as described in the manual, for any runway you wish.

Furthermore - it is sometimes possible that the 2 simply do not match - I have flown one or two ILS approaches in FSX (this is nothing to do with FSFS) where the VASI lights and the GS needle are very much in disagreement and so that effect can (sometimes) come from FS itself.

Please let us know if the above helps.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6949
Posted Monday, March 15, 2010 2:09:19 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
SquadronLeader (3/15/2010)
Yes - all red means too low for sure.

There are a number of causes that could be at play here.

Firstly of course, if you are doing a non ILS approach, you need to have filed a flight plan to that specific runway.

Secondly - this is easily missed - you must be certain that you have no ILS signal - in FSFS that always has precedence as explained in the manual.

By default, the runway data creation process in FSFS assigns a glideslope of 3 degrees to all runways as this is by far the most common. But - not all runways have a 3 degree GS. You can change this (customize it) as described in the manual, for any runway you wish.

Furthermore - it is sometimes possible that the 2 simply do not match - I have flown one or two ILS approaches in FSX (this is nothing to do with FSFS) where the VASI lights and the GS needle are very much in disagreement and so that effect can (sometimes) come from FS itself.

Please let us know if the above helps.

- And another thing to be considered, if Im not completely mistaken here, is that if you have done a "create runwayfiles" in FSFS, and then AFTERWARDS use addon scenery that changes details of a runway in any way, then you need to run the "create runways" again, in order to have FSFS treat the runway right again.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6954
Posted Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:09:11 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Thursday, January 08, 2015 1:05:28 PM
i installed the scenery then installed fsflyingschool and i then run the runway thing lol ok i will have to spend some time and figure this out i i know i didnt have a glide scope ils there was no signal so it might be an error that i can fix thanks alot guys
Post #6958
Posted Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:05:07 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Ole is quite correct - the data must be generated again if new scenery is installed (it takes just a few minutes).

Please let us know how you get on.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6961
Posted Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:34:02 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:32:02 AM
I'm new with FSFS so pardon me if this Q has already been asked. I note that when planning a flight, FSFS recommends you name a runway to land on. How do you know what runway to take if weather conditions vary constantly? I don't get it.
Post #7059
Posted Thursday, April 15, 2010 7:35:25 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Pick the runway you think most likely and if this changes, pause FS and change the runway in FSFS, and then carry on flying the flight in FS.

FSFS needs to know the runway so that it can evaluate your flight.

Post #7062
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:48pm