Upgrading FSFS Question

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Upgrading FSFS Question Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:32:16 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:17:30 PM
I've been an FSFS for over a year and just upgraded to version 2.3.0. I wasn't active do to a prolonged health battle; however am well along the road to a complete recovery. I've beating the Big C so far, knock on wood!

My slight problem is that when I tried to post a score it asked for my forum name and when I used Dil52 it's telling me to Please select another display name. I have scores from the previous version 1.9.0. Why is it asking me change my display name when post scores? My guess is that I used my full name in the registration key. Should have I put in my handle in field 1?

Incidently, I just completed a flight using FSFS and Radar Contact. What a great combination. My Copilot did a great job of flying after turned it over to her.
This was just the first flight in the new version.

FSFS improvements.....Priceless!

Post #5496
Posted Friday, October 23, 2009 3:11:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Dil52:

Great to hear you're getting better - all the best wishes in the world!

The score issue sounds like it is due to originally being signed up for posting scores using the name Dil52 when scoring using FSFS Classic.

Sadly, as I understand things (!) your scoring name is tied to your FSFS registration code, which is different in FSFS2009 as compared to FSFS Classic.

Therefore the scoring system is telling you "Hello dear unknown customer of FSFS2009, you cannot use the name Dil52 as it has alreay been taken - please use a different name."

So... can I suggest that perhaps you use a name like Dil52_2009 or similar?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5499
Posted Friday, October 23, 2009 9:38:32 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:17:30 PM
SquadronLeader (10/23/2009)
Dil52:

The score issue sounds like it is due to originally being signed up for posting scores using the name Dil52 when scoring using FSFS Classic.

Sadly, as I understand things (!) your scoring name is tied to your FSFS registration code, which is different in FSFS2009 as compared to FSFS Classic.

Therefore the scoring system is telling you "Hello dear unknown customer of FSFS2009, you cannot use the name Dil52 as it has alreay been taken - please use a different name."

Thanks for the reply SquadronLeader.

It sounds like you're as confused as I am. I'm not sure I understand completely?
I thought I was upgrading from v1.9.0 to v2.3.0.
Why would FSFS2009 look at a present customer and owner as a new customer?
Post #5505
Posted Friday, October 23, 2009 10:57:20 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Dil52 (10/23/2009)
SquadronLeader (10/23/2009)
Dil52:

Thanks for the reply SquadronLeader.

It sounds like you're as confused as I am. I'm not sure I understand completely?
I thought I was upgrading from v1.9.0 to v2.3.0.
Why would FSFS2009 look at a present customer and owner as a new customer?

Hi Dil52

Nothing to be confused about. You cannot upgrade from v. 1.90 to v.2.3. Version 1.x is called FSFS Classic, and version 2.x is called FSFS2009. These are two different products. Just like you cant upgrade from FS2004 to FSX, you have to buy the new version. Luckily for you, FSFlyingschool have an upgrade discount, opposite FS2004/FSX. So when FSFS talkes about upgrading, its because you can buy the 2009 version at an upgrade price, but the product itself is still completely new. When installing the "upgrade pack" its only to verify (via your reg code from the classic version) that you are an owner of the former version.

And FSFS2009 has another reg.code than FSFSClassic, and the name Dil52 is attached to FSFSClassic, and so you must choose another name if you want to buy the new version.

I myself just went from oleandreasen to ole-andreasen, so it was different, but still pretty much the same....

Hope this clears up any confutsion.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5506
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:27pm