Software corruption

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Software corruption Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:35:50 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Here's an interesting one!

FSFS was working perfectly and suddenly the shortcut keys stopped working - no reaction from them. Ctrl-Shift-Z did nothing, and Ctrl-Shift-X changed my panel view to the no-instrument view that you get when you hit W.  I thought something had gone wrong with my control settings or FSUIPC, but  I checked this carefully and there was no conflict here.  So I decided to remove FSFS and reinstall, which I did.

The result is that although its now basically working, the following problems have arisen from the reinstall:

1. I can't define a picture for a new pilot, although the picture is there in the correct folder, when I hit the button to define a picture, I just get the two default pilot names listed - my new, saved pilot's picture doesn't come up.  I saved it under the same name as my pilot, as I had previously.

2. When I fly my Dreamfleet Archer III, FSFS detects it, but all the settings are different (it shows spoilers and gear checked, and the flap settings are all wrong).  I can of course re-define this, but it HAD worked previously, and detected the Archer correctly.  I re-saved the complete aircraft file which I'd downloaded and which had worked previously, but this made no difference.

3. When I click on Instructor, apart from the usual team, I get items which never appeared there before, namely, LESSONS, PRECIP, THUNDER, DFARCHER, DFB58, DF181, and then Miss Aviatrix, and the rest.

SO, something has obviously changed.

Phew, that's a rough call for you experts, but I hope you can sort it out.

Stan

Post #5333
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:31:22 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

I sorted out my problem.  Something was obviously corrupted.  What I did was to uninstall FSFS from the control panel, remove all the FSFS folders, which is not done during the uninstall, and remove all registry entries having the words FSFlyingSchool.  So I'm back in business.  This procedure might be useful for any members who encounter problems.  Of course this will wipe out all your previous records and additional planes and pilots, if you're prepared to accept that.

Stan

Post #5347
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:38:18 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Stan.

You can always take the pilot roster folder and copy it to another location before doing the uninstall, then put it back afterwards..... Pilots saved!

Great that you sorted it out.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5348
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:46:57 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Thanks Ole

Stan

Post #5349
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:25pm